Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IDT7
    • Dec 2009

BMW 5 series engine ecu data - useless -

Hi all I've noticed since couple of months,engine ecu data on solus pro 11.4 is getting shorter and shorter,for example on Renault cars or today on BMW 5 series.
    Basically I've got BMW 520d engine 204D4 with DPF faults.
    Went to engine data to see some exhaust related PIDs but I was very suprised
    THERE IS NONE!
    Solus Pro gives me instructons for DPF regen drive cycle but as pre requisite it wants me to see exhaust temp pre catalyst, OK but it is not covered in data.
    NO Exhaust gas temp from both sensors
    NO Exhaust backpressure
    NO Lambda
    NO Accelerator position (could not believe)
    NO DPF regen request status
    NO DPF regen active

Well I had to use KTS at the end and It is all there.
    I'm not happy because if we didn't have kts I couldn't do anything to diagnose this with my solus pro.

I work quite a lot on renault cars and noticed that on some cars there is only 10 or12 PIDs to read,honestly there is more under EOBD.
    Is Solus pro running out of memory space?
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Hi Friend, our UK s/w is produced in IRELAND and has no baring on the us counterpart from what i am lead to believe, i understand where you are coming from, commenting on this situation of less pids etc, every car i plug into i have been saving screen shots of data etc, building up a libarary etc, so when i sign up for 12.2 and read a car i have read before and the data is less, then this will be a topic to take up with SO UK, obvioulsy, us the purchasers of the s/w when we upgrade dont want SO to be taking away data then replying other data that they feel we need, sorry for detracting a little from the thread, but my view also is inline with your thread about seeing less data info on the machine.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

There shouldn't be ANY MISSING PIDS in ANY data group on ANY vehicle, in ANY year, in ANY make.
      Missing pids means INCOMPLETE data provided by very expensive tools.

Comment

Working...