Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Verus Pro 4way button

Did they add the 4 way button to the Verus Pro like they had on the Modis tool so you could choose either that or the touchscreen for navigation? Thanks
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Yes, I never used mine, but my screen got cracked in my luggage a few weeks ago, and I was still able to navigate using the key pad.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

4 way button

But they removed it from the Verus Edge which in my opinion was a mistake.

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Thanks guys-

My Verus gen1 just had a touchscreen failure so I am a little Leary buying another tool without a 4 way pad now. Hoping this Modis Ultra turns out to be a nice tool. Then maybe a Verus Pro when I need a wireless tool.
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Prezauto
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by phill57
          But they removed it from the Verus Edge which in my opinion was a mistake.
          I'll second that, for the same reasons as Modis500. It really does seem like a step backwards. On the other hand, micro Bluetooth keypads with a mouse touch panel can be found on eBay for $20 for a reliable workaround. I plan to have one on hand for my next VERUS family tool.
          John

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

iPads and Android tablets don't have these buttons. I suspect this could be a reason why they have been dumped.
            S. Breland

Comment

• Prezauto
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by sbreland73
              iPads and Android tablets don't have these buttons. I suspect this could be a reason why they have been dumped.
              Yes, though the newer glass type seem to have less issues than the pressure type. For example, my 1st gen iPad has always worked flawlessly, is only a year newer than my VERUS but has many more hours of use. Swapped my VERUS screen with a good unit 4 months ago.
              John

Comment

Working...