Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colmech
    • Dec 2015

2006 ford focus 1.4 wont start wwhen warm

once warmed up it will not start. there are no fault codes. On checking the injectors,the pulse signal dissappears but if you dont apply throttle it sometimes starts and there is a faint signal to enable it to start but soon as you apply the throttle the injector pulse signal dissappears and it will not start until its cooled down. new cam and crank sensors fitted. on my verus pro in the PID lists in the live data menu i notice that there is a listing saying Security system with a result saying "Denied" But once the car has started this particular PID listing is not there as if removed??

Any clues anyone
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

A feature called "clear flood mode" immediately comes to mind, many cars have it. It's when the pcm sees a WOT signal when cranking it removes the ground signal to the injectors until released. I would be looking for approx .5v on the center TPS wire (at rest) and perhaps some more definitive info on whether or not this car even has an immobilizer and whether or not it is "tripped". Ford often uses a "theft" or green key icon on the IPC. What do you lose at the injector, + or -? If its +, then we are barking up the wrong tree. Don't use anything that is not high impedence to test the ground (pcm) signal. Makes pcms very unhappy. RSVP

Neil

Comment

Working...