Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aajim@hotmail.com
    • May 2015

Ignition

Hey I think this may be a dumb Question but here it goes. I just did a primary ignition back probing the control wire on two coils to compare the two. By doing that am I in any danger of screwing up my scope in the Verus by sending too much voltage through the scope. I know that the spark dose not happen at the same time but still is that a good idea. I already did it and I don't see any effects to the scope but now I'm questioning this. Dose anyone have a answer????
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

You could play it safe and start with using a 20-1 Attenuator like you should use with most scopes when checking fuel injectors.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by aajim@hotmail.com
      Hey I think this may be a dumb Question but here it goes. I just did a primary ignition back probing the control wire on two coils to compare the two. By doing that am I in any danger of screwing up my scope in the Verus by sending too much voltage through the scope. I know that the spark dose not happen at the same time but still is that a good idea. I already did it and I don't see any effects to the scope but now I'm questioning this. Dose anyone have a answer????
      The hardware in the scope is designed to handle the inductive kick from a collapsing magnetic field.
      S. Breland

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

You'll be fine. The scope can directly measure primary ignition without any trouble.
        Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...