Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnFatherFigure
    • Feb 2017

Hi Folks

I have just bought a SOLUS Pro, used, from my dealer. It is currently away being serviced prior to delivery.
    I have been reading the manual and know I need the CF keys for each model/range.
    Does SO still market keys for new vehicles as they come out?
    Will my Australian dealer be able to get them for me?

Thanks in advance

SOFF
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

They are called Personality keys. I don't believe after 16.4 there be any more software releases for Solus Pro or hardware support sending a unit out for repairs after this year. I don't think there be anymore new Personality keys created for new cars since the platforms that require the use of Personality keys are no longer being made or supported by updates. I don't think I would buy a used Solus Pro on it's final update level with unlocked European and all adapters and keys for more $ than I can buy a brand new China man keyless touchscreen model. However , I believe having OBD1 car coverage ,good pid graphing, the shop stream connect pc program , a Built in Guided diagnostics , or Non Expiring access to Fast Trak Trouble Shooter, and more thoroughly beta and field tested software makes a used discontinued Snap On scanner equally as attractive as a brand new Price Point Chinaman one with latest technology, that you may never want to buy further update anyway, because they got a newer Flash in the Pan out and you just buy the older discounted model
    Last edited by Witsend; 02-28-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• goz007
      • Dec 2016

hi soff

hey mate im also in Australia(Sydney) & cant seem to get my solus pro updated.....what update are u getting on your scanner ? is it the 16.4 ? if so can you put me in contact with your dealer before its to late for me.....cheeers mate,best regards Goz.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Like I said before , I don't understand the logic of why Snappy won't sell the Final Legacy update of all it's discontinued scanners for at least a decade after. Lots of folk will scoff at $4-5 K laughing at Snappy at trying to force you to update immediately or have to upgrade to a newer platform. The price of last update could be reduced on a sliding scale each year. Jeez, It's not like for a few hundred dollars more over the cost of the final update you can't just go out and order a new Chinaman tool with a warranty and a year of updates to supplement your old coverage on your trusty Snap On Scanner.

Comment

Working...