Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
    Make sure you read the book first though. No, really it's a good book !!!
    It can be found here.....

I got into the first 10 or 15 pages.
    I think you're right-!!
    I'm looking forward to the rest of it when time allows Bob

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by GypsyR
      Heh. As an admin on another forum I just admonished a couple of our moderators for letting themselves get dragged into a petty argument with a rather vociferous member. I asked them to hold themselves to a higher standard.

And over there if the threads that DON'T get derailed after around ten posts I think are in the minority. Every once in a while the derailment is more interesting than the original subject. There'a list of rules there, and "no derailing" is NOT on it. People naturally wander off topic in conversations.
      When a "moderator" feels that they can say things but others are "derailing" the thread when someone disagrees with their view, Voltaire needs to be remembered.
      I guess it's a matter of OPINION who drug who with retorts.
      If ONE makes a sideways smart *** crack, then others are entitled to their opinion too.
      There is more here than just Haley-Davidson and cables.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

In the moderating world most often discretion really IS the better part of valor.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by GypsyR
          In the moderating world most often discretion really IS the better part of valor.
          Respectfully;

Laws alone cannot secure freedom of expression; in order that every man may present his views without penalty, there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population.
          (Albert Einstein)

So we must beware of a tyranny of opinion which tries to make only one side of a question the one which may be heard. Everyone is in favour of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people’s idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.
          (Winston Churchill)

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

"Ya All , best go out ridin and get sum before The Joy Stick is all you got left"
            (Steven Hawg-gins)
            Last edited by Witsend; 03-24-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...