X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

VERUS buffer length question.

Hi.

What is the buffer size on the VERUS, for scan data and for the scope? Since the VERUS is, essentially, a tablet laptop I would think that the buffer would only be constrained by the RAM in the machine and/or the space available on the drive. I know with the MODIS/VPro you can capture quite a bit of data, time wise, but at the sacrifice of resolution. Will this also be the case with the VERUS?

One of the things that I do find amazing about the Pico scope, for example, is that you can leave the thing running, watching for an intermittent, for an extended period of time -- then later come back, stop the scope, scroll back through tons of captured data, and then zoom in to a really tight time base.

I guess all these questions I have could be answered if I had my hands on one.
  • MECHANIC54
    • Oct 2007

scope verus

In the Training Soluton by Snap-On they have level one treaining for Verus it saids that the Verus is not preparaed to work as a (ignition scope) that in the feature it will be optional is this true?. if so then the modis is better right? it seems like if everything for snap-on is money wise i don't think this is GOOD. check it out at Snap-on Training Solution Verus level one TELL ME YOU'R OPINION THANK YOU.

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Buffer Length

Originally posted by sdlindsey
      Hi.

What is the buffer size on the VERUS, for scan data and for the scope? Since the VERUS is, essentially, a tablet laptop I would think that the buffer would only be constrained by the RAM in the machine and/or the space available on the drive. I know with the MODIS/VPro you can capture quite a bit of data, time wise, but at the sacrifice of resolution. Will this also be the case with the VERUS?

One of the things that I do find amazing about the Pico scope, for example, is that you can leave the thing running, watching for an intermittent, for an extended period of time -- then later come back, stop the scope, scroll back through tons of captured data, and then zoom in to a really tight time base.

I guess all these questions I have could be answered if I had my hands on one.
      I have been using the Verus for a few weeks now. There is basically no limit to the length of a recording. It is only limited by the space on your hard drive. I have recorded several scanner movies up to 10,000 frames. That is about 35 to 40 minutes of driving with an 06 GMC. The refresh rate on GM vehices is respectible but it sucks on Chrysler and early fords. I have mentioned this a few times to tech support and they are supposed to be working on that. I did have some issues playing back scanner movies though.

The ignition scope capabilities are not there yet. Snap-On states this will come. You can record any labscope or multimeter for as long as you might want but I noticed that in playback mode you cannot zoom in or out with the saved file. Thsi is another issue they are apparently working on.

This tool has HUGE posibilities and dispite its programming issues it will only get better. I keep thinking back to version 1 Vantage.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
        This tool has HUGE posibilities and dispite its programming issues it will only get better. I keep thinking back to version 1 Vantage.
        Phil,

The problem with things that are not there or will be fixed, is that you will have to pay for the updates and hope it gets fixed. Maybe Snap-On will be pro-active and release updates like LaunchUSA does. Daily or weekly until things are fixed, at no cost to you...for the WHOLE first year free. Then you pay $800 a year. The nice thing about this is you get the things YOU paid for fixed with no more out-of-pocket $$$. All other SW companies out there release fixes and patches for free....

Comment

• canfix auto
          • Oct 2008

yep

Originally posted by DougMontgomery
          Phil,

The problem with things that are not there or will be fixed, is that you will have to pay for the updates and hope it gets fixed. Maybe Snap-On will be pro-active and release updates like LaunchUSA does. Daily or weekly until things are fixed, at no cost to you...for the WHOLE first year free. Then you pay $800 a year. The nice thing about this is you get the things YOU paid for fixed with no more out-of-pocket $$$. All other SW companies out there release fixes and patches for free....
          doug makes an excellent point, launch lead's the way on this. others should take notice.

Comment

Working...