Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archie
    • Jul 2013

verus

I have owned a modis ultra for nearly two years now and my dealer has loaned me a verus with a view to upgrade but I am not so sure I am really not getting on well with it I find it slow to boot up and awkward to use. Should I just update the modis or stick with verus opinions and advice would be appreciated.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Are you trying out the latest Verus Edge or an older Verus platform the Snap On dealer took in on trade?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

I'm a big fan of the Modis. I like having 8 graphs on one page. I like the snapshot function on it. I am fast navigating it and like that it boots quickly. So if I'm in a hurry, that's what I grab.
      When I've got lots of diagnostic work to do, I grab my Verus Pro. It takes a while to boot, like any computer, but it is a lot faster once it is going.
      Your mileage may vary, so it's good you have one to test drive. As witsend says, there is a Verus Edge and a Verus Pro available at the moment. The Edge is new. I haven't played with one yet, but I hear they boot in under a minute, and boot from sleep mode in 10 seconds or so.
      I'm sure others will chime in before long.
      Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Archie
        • Jul 2013

I have the older pro as the edge is not available yet in the uk. I do use my modis everyday but mainly for service resets but I am stuck in the middle as the boss is starting to see the advantage of using the scope and giving me the time to use it.

Comment

• scottmechanics
          • Jun 2013

Hello
          I would think it depends on how much scope work you are doing
          Have you used the scope much on the modis ultra if so di you find 2 channels enough ?

Comment

• Trindaddy
            • Jan 2010

For real world, fast paced, every day repair-work I see no need for a SO tool beyond the Modis. I prefer to use the data and the chart over the multiple, overlapping, confounding lines of a scope as pretty as it is. 2 channels have worked well for me when needed. I personally do not like the "all in one" design of the Verus and such. My laptop at my station (with my stool and ashtray) will blow that Verus into next week.

Neil
            Last edited by Trindaddy; 12-13-2015, 09:21 AM. Reason: Can't find my fire suit

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

huh, where's my fire suit..
              If you got time to put on a suit and have kid's sit on your lap, you got time to hook up a scope

Comment

• Trindaddy
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Witsend
                If you got time to put on a suit and have kid's sit on your lap, you got time to hook up a scope
                ....how did you do that?! ...And i was going to bring you a new set of TurboSockets...

Comment

Working...