Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TransAmDude
    • Feb 2016

Solus Terminate Vehicle Connection

I'm new to the Snap On Solus scanner scene. I bought a Solus running 12.2 off Ebay for a great price and I have one question........

In the instruction manual it says you must terminate connection before shutting the scanner off or you can damage the vehicle but the process it mentions doesn't work. The scanner originally came with 3.1 and it's been upgraded to 12.2 so maybe the process has changed from what is mentioned in the user manual.

It says to keep hitting the 'N' button until you get back to the main menu and the scanner will say connection has been terminated. This never happens. Most of the time when I keep hitting the 'N' button it gets stuck on the 'enter vehicle year'. Sometimes I can get back to the home page but it never displays a termination message.

It also says for GM cars go to 'ABS' and select 'exit and re-id'. The 'exit and re-id' does not exist in the ABS menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'll only be using the OBD2 module for my 1999 and 2000 GM and 2004 Chrysler vehicles.

BTW...when i go to download the Shopconnect software on Snap Ons website, the screen goes red and says they have been hacked. I hope snap on is aware of this.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Just back out of the menu you are in until you see the System Select Screen. This is the screen where you choose which module you want to communicate with (Engine, ABS, Airbag, etc). When you're at this screen, the scanner is not communicating with any modules. It is safe the turn the key off and disconnect.
    The exception is some Euro cars, where the disconnect is a manual process. On those vehicles you will see a choice on the main menu (Where Codes, Data, Functional Tests are) to End Communication.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• BMW JEDI
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TransAmDude
      BTW...when i go to download the Shopconnect software on Snap Ons website, the screen goes red and says they have been hacked. I hope snap on is aware of this.

Not doing that for me.

Here is another option if you still have trouble.

Comment

• heavyvehiclerepairs
        • Mar 2016

solution to your problem

You need to keep hitting no till you get to the enter year section then press to the left til the icon in the top left of the screen is highlighted, then press no once more. Problem solved!!! I had this problem when i first used it also, till i decided to read tye manual, here is the link, just type into google - snap on solus pro scanner manual - it will be the first link available and just click it and it should automatically download as a pdf and you have it for life, very handy for reference

Ahhh just noticed you had been using your manual, my bad, scratch the last part in my post!!!
        Last edited by heavyvehiclerepairs; 03-06-2016, 03:43 AM. Reason: noticed something in your post
        Kind Regards,

Nathan Childs
        Heavy Vehicle Repairs
        http://www.heavyvehiclerepairs.com

Comment

Working...