X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottjh9
    • Dec 2015

solus euro cf card

Hello all

I am looking at a first generation solus on ebay. I know very little about them. The seller is also selling the euro cf card seperatley. Is that solus and the cf card matched to each other or can the cf card be used in any unit? The unit itself has no memory card either. Will that be an issue. Thanks for any advice. I do not know the exact model number but from what i have seen I am assuming it is one of the early ones. Scott
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

A Solus Scanner will not operate without the correct update card in it. The CF card is the hard drive. Updates are no longer available for that scanner, so you'd be buying a non-operational unit with no hope of making it work.
    Yes, Euro cards are bonded to whatever scanner they were installed on. They can be re-used in the same scanner if it became necessary, but can't be used in another.
    Don't buy it.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• scottjh9
      • Dec 2015

thanks

Thanks Joe. I knew one of you would keep me from making a big mistake.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

If you're shopping for a used scanner, there are a few things you need to know.

The original solus was discontinued a couple of years ago.

The Solus Pro doesn't need a CF card in it to operate. The last update for that scanner will become available in October, and will no longer be updated after next April

The last update for the Modis is currently available. It won't be available after October.

There are a lot of folks getting rid of Modis' right now because they won't be supported after October(except for repairs). You should start seeing deals on them soon, I would expect.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• scottjh9
          • Dec 2015

good advice

Thanks for the advice Joe.. I was thinking I might have gotten a real steal of a deal. Since I only use my scanner for myself and to help others if I can, I will stick with it. I have a real nice mtg2500 with 2007 programmables, all obd1 connectors, keys 1-20, a can1b and everything else except a printer. I began with the scanner and 2003 programmables and have bought, taken from, resold and traded to get to what I have. I have maybe 250 in it. Now that i know how the solus works and what you told me, I can be picky for the right deal...Thanks again....Scott

Comment

Working...