X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edseljim
    Snap-on D&I
    • Jun 2007

internet capability VERUS

I'm sitting on my patio now with a beta VERUS in my lap and viewing Ask-a-Tech as well as Snap-on Traing Solutions new on-line training. I can get anything and anywhere on the net the same as my home Dell Latitude D620.
    The built in wireless works just fine on my home network. I really like being able to access repair information without having to walk away from the vehicle with ShopKey 5.com. Aside from that, I can go OEM sites, chat rooms etc. This is a huge timesaver not having to wait for the "shop" PC.
    It's all at my fingertips.
    Jim Moritz

Comment

• Sixpackattack1
      • Aug 2008

Ok I just need to know if it is going to be able to take care of all the things that are needed to complete these jobs with the oem web sites with the passthru device,I know the you have to have a subsciption to the web sites but will the manufacture alow you the access these options with current year models or is it going to be limited ,because if I make a large investment in this tool and still gota sublet out the work just to finish the job then it wouldn't be worth even investing in ,they will still knock your head off for the this you can't do . I worked for a business that worked with these oem tools and i drove around with a hundred thousand $ worth of tools and know how they operate and its hard to believe that a 10 thousand $ tool is going to do all this ,any way this is just one car but its a good example ,the cadi sts usually when there is a deployment in the srs system the passinger seat sensor weight sensor has to be reprogram ,so we would use the tech 2 and it is still a pain in the rear sometimes , im not saying that this tool is going to make it any easier i just want to know if it can preform this task , I realy just want to demo one of these things out to see these capablities hands on so i would be throwing money out the door when im going to go back and buy the oem tools to do these jobs ,this is a body shop and alot of money is subleted out for these reasons and would like to find a way to making this money insted of giving it away ,thanks for your time

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Sixpack, I would suggest you do some searching of the forums. There is much information about programming including websites to visit that have info as well. The VERUS will have the same software as the MODIS. I think it would be safe to assume it would not do everything an OEM tool could do....
        MasterWrench

Comment

• Sixpackattack1
          • Aug 2008

Yea your right I have been reading all the past treads and It dont sound good yet but the tool has just land in are side of the town about 20 of them and I going to keep watching to see if any body has any thing better to say about the it and right now im getting kinda scared away from it ,but would like to know if there is a tool out there that can do complete srs systems

Comment

• Sixpackattack1
            • Aug 2008

do you have any other forum web sites that may have any information on this typ of job?

Comment

• MasterWrench
              • Oct 2006

The only other one would be IATN for me. Others may now of more....
              MasterWrench

Comment

• MECHANIC54
                • Oct 2007

Verus

It has its good things and bad things for some of us it will be easy to work with and for others it be complicated and troublesome. Scanner and computer and the internet in one tool fantastic to stay in one place ,but we have the problem thats it's not and ignition scope i heard in (Snap-on Solution Training 2 slide 24) it saids its doesn't ignition scope capable thats a add on for later so good by cops and dis for now.

Comment

Working...