Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 40twist
    • Nov 2008

Two USB plugs?

So I saw a post where someone asked why snap on molded over the second usb plug on their verus. Sure enough if you look down into the hole of the existing usb plug there is another one under the plastic. I have the docking station so I have 4 usb plugs but still why would they cover up the second plug? My opinion is because of the amperage/draw but I'm not sure. Does anyone know anything about it? Its not a big deal but I was just curious.

It would be nice to have a second one up there so when you use the existing one for the docking station wire you can still have one somewhat up front for a wireless mouse reciever , mine does not like being back behind the verus
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Verus USB Port

Hello.

I asked the tech support people that question and the answer I received was that both the lab scope and scanner modules use the USB ports internally and have nearly maxed out the capacity of the motherboard. I know from experience if you attempt to run a USB powered hard drive it overloads the USB circuit and you get an error message recommending to disconnect one or more of the the USB connections.

It works fine if the external hard drive is externally powered as well as for a keyboard although I bought a bluetooth keyboard to eliminate the wire.

HTH

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

2 USB ports

Yeah I did find that the one usb port that is coverd as mentioned is dead and is being used internaly for the lab scope module. so don't be courius any more, and dont even try to uncover it you'll just find it to be useless, I do wish that they could enable it for use, but I guess they can't and thats why they covered it up.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

Working...