X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lottysvdub
    • Nov 2011

Ford dpf additive

Hi chaps
    Just need go pick someone's brains who might have done this on there ford focus.
    My wife has a 56reg 1.6 tdci with a full history, now earlier this week the depollution light came on, now I am a fully skilled mechanic and have my own snap on solus pro diagnostic system. I have read the codes and it's looking like the fuel additive level has reached its top up level. Now this is no problem as I have a bottle of the new additive to use compliments of my very nice local ford dealer and they have given me a copy of his reset procedure via the fuel filler cap. So so far so good... But when reading the procedure it does say it will only work if the level has been topped up at the relevant service and the warning light hasn't come on.
    Well my light has come on and I have deleted the fault codes so can I simply top up and follow the reset. Procedure? Or am I going to end up having to get ford to uses there ids system on it after I have refilled the additive tank?
    Or is there a feature on the solus pro that can do this for me

Any input would be great.
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

I have never done a focus with the tdci but would think the reset should be close to the same for all the ford vehicles. I woud fill it up then perform the reset,the intake sensors should read full and let the reset take.

Comment

• lottysvdub
      • Nov 2011

Thank you very much for the info, I will try tomorrow and let you know how I get on

Comment

• lottysvdub
        • Nov 2011

Right I finally got around to doing this after work today, it took about 20 mins to work out which was the top up and which was the overflow
        Filled the tank up, got it running down my arms too..... Delightful stuff.
        When the tank was full , cleaned up the spillage then pluged in my solus pro
        Went vis ford European settings, read the fault codes, still the same as when I started.... When to specific operations and additive tank refill clicked on start tests 20 seconds later all finished. Re-check for fault codes all gone...
        20 mile drive home and no warning light... Easy really.

Comment

• diesel71
          • Feb 2008

awsome

Comment

Working...