Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jadidaskv
    • Nov 2017

Radkitplusa coolant system vacuum filler

So i used my radkitplusa today and it worked great. Vacuum gauge went up to 25, filled the system, discounted to test drive the vehicle, found out the radiator was clogged, replaced the radiator, went to fill the system again and realized the radkit gauge was still stuck on 25, even after it was discounted, cleaned out, and put away. Used it again just to get the vehicle back up and running, gauge still stuck at 25. Jus went by the hoses collapsed before started refilling. Even under vacuum the gauge never went up, never went down during refill. Cleaned it out again after second usage and its still stuck at 25.

Whats going on with this thing? I bought it used and this was the first time using it. Everything worked great the first time using it, except the gauge never dropped down/returned to 0. Is there any way to fix this or is it junk?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Gimmicks , Never was a fan of vacuum contraptions, coolant ex-changers, or even the ever popular big yellow funnels mounted to a cap you see guys running the car until the t-stat opens to let the coolant go down. I've heard about the radiator tank seals blowing out inwards with those vacuum type setups. I access bleed points take the necessary hose clamps off and loosen or remove hoses to get the air out of the system while filling and may assist with my pressure tester for burping heater cores, etc. Sometimes just the long tip of the radiator hose removal tool inserted between until solid coolant starts to pee. Maybe takes a little longer , but never have to deal with hot coolant expelled out a goofy funnel then having to pour in more cold coolant into a radiator of a hot engine after t stat finally opens and things starts to flow.
    Last edited by Witsend; 02-20-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Jadidaskv
      • Nov 2017

I like them. To each their own. If a seal blows, it was a weak point and probably would have anyways. Id rather it go while im working on it than on the road.
      Last edited by Jadidaskv; 02-22-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Jadidaskv
        • Nov 2017

Any idea if i can fix this or does it have to be replaced?

Comment

Working...