Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mcgruber2
    • May 2018

VIN Rewriting 09 Nissan Murano

Hello, had to replace the ECU on a 2009 Nissan Murano with a used one and no problem reflashing the first one using Snapon Passthru ProIII but failed when trying to re-write the VIN. Tried another used ECU with identical results, not able to re-write the VIN. Contacted Snapon and was referred to the Tweedle Group that is the go-between for Nissan. Was only able to communicate thru email. First email told me that this was not unusual with a used or remanned Nissan ECU. Was told 5 days ago it was being looked into. Any experience or advice, work arounds? Customer is breathing down my neck. Thanks for any advice.
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Have you tried a Launch x431 or Autel Tool? Either one can read and write the VIN. Have done it multiple times with many different Nissan's and Infiniti's. Never had a problem. I have done this year and have written the VIN. I know Snap-On has the option, I think. But if it doesn't, then try those other 2 tools if you can get your hands on one. Good luck!

Comment

• bestdamgarage
      • Apr 2016

Open a SIR with NASTF.That will get you a reply.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Open a SIR with NASTF.That will get you a reply.
        Siri just says I'm a Nasty MoFo too. Sir, What exactly are you refering too?

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
          Siri just says I'm a Nasty MoFo too. Sir, What exactly are you refering too?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

Did you ever sort it out?

Comment

• Ruston11
              • Feb 2015

nissan

you dont need to program just use function in theft system to replace pcm you will need a pin code calculated........Rusty

Comment

Working...