Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Can't Clear All Codes

This concerns my Verus Edge with 18.2 and all new style GM full size trucks and SUVs 2014 and on. When ever I go to Clear All Codes Read by Code Scan the scanner will make it up to the Chassis Control Module then it crashes out and I get the Oops message. It will read through and gather all the codes properly.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Some newer cars in generic OBD 2 mode now have Permanent codes classification besides the Current codes and Pending codes. Permanent codes require the monitors to be successfully passed before they'll go away, kind of like a Ford P01000 , but just more of a Dickler for details regarding holding onto the past sh@t and just hangs onto certain old codes till the conditions have been satisfactorily met to be cleared.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

There are no codes in the Chassis Control module. I've noticed this problem on several new GM trucks and SUVs.

Another thing to note on these vehicles; when running the all module Code Scan the scanner passes over the Active Safety Control Module. that module does appear in the Module Menu however and can be accessed there.

Comment

• wdoug21
        • May 2012

Noticed same on my versus pro on some models . Not being able to clear all during code scan had to go to individual modules to clear . It would show all modules after clearing those that passed show success others show fail .

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Can you guys read data from the chassis control module with verus? My solus ultra loses communication when I select data or special functions.Also chassis control module is identified as trailer brake control module.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Can you guys read data from the chassis control module with verus? My solus ultra loses communication when I select data or special functions.Also chassis control module is identified as trailer brake control module.
            Just scanned a Municipal Car and it's called the Trailer Park Control Module. Tried to clear the codes , the Siren sounded 3 different tones, Bull horn Crackled, and I lost all my country music stations.

Comment

Working...