Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cherylrhoda
    • Nov 2008

Solus Updates????????

Hi to all, Just got my second hand solus off my local Snap On Dealer, very nice bit of kit, running software version 8.2. When i asked about updating it to version 8.4 i was told it would cost £400. Not a bad price but this is the bit i dont understand. If i miss a update then it will cost me £800 to update no matter how many updates i miss, i.e. miss version 8.4,9.2,9.4 and go straight to 10.2, if this is how they use this system. If i was to own a Modis and miss an update or two i would only pay for the lastest update at a cost off £400. So my question is this, why are we Solus users being ripped off with updates when Modis users arent. This is what my dealer told me today and showed me the prices on his PC. Anyone else had this problem and when will Snap On get it sorted out, same price for all users on all plateform levels.
    Ta
    Chris.
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by cherylrhoda
    Hi to all, Just got my second hand solus off my local Snap On Dealer, very nice bit of kit, running software version 8.2. When i asked about updating it to version 8.4 i was told it would cost £400. Not a bad price but this is the bit i dont understand. If i miss a update then it will cost me £800 to update no matter how many updates i miss, i.e. miss version 8.4,9.2,9.4 and go straight to 10.2, if this is how they use this system. If i was to own a Modis and miss an update or two i would only pay for the lastest update at a cost off £400. So my question is this, why are we Solus users being ripped off with updates when Modis users arent. This is what my dealer told me today and showed me the prices on his PC. Anyone else had this problem and when will Snap On get it sorted out, same price for all users on all plateform levels.
    Ta
    Chris.
    I think you are misinformed.

I don't recall the specific prices, but the structure is the same for each platform. You pay one price to be updated, regardless of how frequently you update.

Up until recently, I think, there was a reduction if you updated every cycle, but I believe that is no longer the case.

I don't know for sure, but I think that the Solus/Solus Pro updates are cheaper than the Modis updates -- because with the Modis updates you are potentially getting scope and CTM updates, as well as a scanner related stuff. If you go to Snap On's web site you can see what the prices for everything are. Remember that dealers are free to charge whatever they want as they are a franchisee of Snap On and not Snap On themselves.

Comment

• sdlindsey
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by sdlindsey
      I don't recall the specific prices, but the structure is the same for each platform. You pay one price to be updated, regardless of how frequently you update.

If you go to Snap On's web site you can see what the prices for everything are. Remember that dealers are free to charge whatever they want as they are a franchisee of Snap On and not Snap On themselves.
      For obtaining the Solus/Solus Pro 8.4 software:

For obtaining the Modis 8.4 software:

For obtaining the Vantage Pro 8.4 software:

So you see that the Solus/Solus Pro users pay less for an update than the Modis users. I threw the Vantage Pro update in to give you an idea of what you are getting with the Modis update: Essentially you get both the Solus/Solus Pro and Vantage Pro 8.4 updates rolled into one.

There was a time where you could get subsequent updates at a reduced price if you always stayed current, but I think that is no longer the case as of November 2008.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• cherylrhoda
        • Nov 2008

Solus Updates,,,uummm.

Hi, Thanks for your reply about these update problems im having, looked at those links about updates, i live in the uk and was wondering where else i can get these updates from, surely my dealer in his van is not the only person. Cant find a update on snap ons uk website,,does the link you sent me for the solus update work for me over here,only asking as the price is in dollars not pounds. Getting a bit confuessed.
        Thanks
        Chris.

Comment

• sdlindsey
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by cherylrhoda
          Hi, Thanks for your reply about these update problems im having, looked at those links about updates, i live in the uk and was wondering where else i can get these updates from, surely my dealer in his van is not the only person. Cant find a update on snap ons uk website,,does the link you sent me for the solus update work for me over here,only asking as the price is in dollars not pounds. Getting a bit confuessed.
          Thanks
          Chris.
          I can't comment on purchasing Snap On software out of the country. I would be very careful when seeking software updates from anywhere but Snap On or their franchisees. The software has built in protection to keep it from being sold in an uncontrolled manner and/or pirated... and you may end up wasting your money.

Perhaps a currency conversion tool would be best for you. Even if the numbers don't relate, the relation of the numbers was the point I was trying to make. Your original post eluded to Snap On somehow "screwing" a particular segment of it's product base, and I was posting to clear up a bit of misinformation.

Have you attempted to just contact Snap On directly?

Comment

Working...