Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > What Do You Want In Your Snap-on Diagnostic Tools
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Snap-on Diagnostics VerusPro
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:04 PM

diesel71 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default power balance test

a power balance screen on the verus for the 2003-2007 6.0 diesels would be nice. the IDS machine will show this it"s a welth of information when working on these trucks. perdel readings on the 7.3"s has been one of the best added pid data readings snapon has gave us diesel guy's. the ids will do this on the new 6.4"s too. Im sure they are getting the readings from the crank and cam sensors.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:38 PM

eddiesverus Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel71 View Post
a power balance screen on the verus for the 2003-2007 6.0 diesels would be nice. the IDS machine will show this it"s a welth of information when working on these trucks. perdel readings on the 7.3"s has been one of the best added pid data readings snapon has gave us diesel guy's. the ids will do this on the new 6.4"s too. Im sure they are getting the readings from the crank and cam sensors.
NOT JUST FOR DIESEL'S BUT GAS POWERED AS WELL. LIKE THE IDS I ALSO USE THE NGS-PC AND IT HAS A POWER BALANCE TEST AS WELL. I USE TO FIND MISFIRES ON MANY GAS ENGINES AS WELL. ITS A GOOD TEST BUT NOT AS DETAILED AS THE IDS, VERY BASIC BUT IT GETS THE JOB DONE. ADDING THIS TYPE OF TEST CAPABILITIES TO THE VERUS WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION..
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM

greasybob Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

A functional test for the variable turbo would also be nice for the 6.0 diesel.As well as for the EGR. Would save some troubleshooting time and some guess work.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Snap-on D&I

Edseljim Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel71 View Post
Do you know how the 6.0 / 6.4 EGR functional test is supposed to work? I believe the IDs does it. What exactly does it do and what is the test looking for?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:46 PM

greasybob Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

The 6.0 uses a linear EGR valve made by delco, so I would imagine the test verifies the desired position to the demanded position and the duty cycle or pulse width sent by the pcm. In puts to verify flow include map, exhaust back pressure and baro, this in turn affects the throttle plate position.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:40 PM

I just looked it up and shop key calls it a propportional solenoid with a built in position sensor. I've not used ids so I'm notsure what the bidirectional is like. The codes P1334 and P1335 are out of position codes, code P1408 is a flow performance code. There's about ten possible EGR codes in all. A biderectional test (KOER) would allow you to monitor both desired position and watch map, exhaust back pressure and throttle position while cammanding EGR.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:40 PM

diesel71 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edseljim View Post
Do you know how the 6.0 / 6.4 EGR functional test is supposed to work? I believe the IDs does it. What exactly does it do and what is the test looking for?
Thanks in advance for your help.
there is a egr test in the IDS what it does is test a set of 6 differant test conditions of rpm,egrdc and vgtdc . It looks at map,maf,egrvp and ebp sensors. there is also a functional control test were you can command the egr valve from closed 0% to open 99% personaly i like the test that lets me command it open to close. a functional test that lets you open/close the egr valve is realy all you need.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 AM
DSD

Nickb Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Just a heads up. 9.4 update has Cylinder Contribution tests on the 6.0 and the 6.4 litre Diesels. Also the EGR tests will be there also.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM

7kuma7 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

will cylinder contribution testing be available for gas cars/trucks?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:02 PM
DSD

Nickb Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7kuma7 View Post
will cylinder contribution testing be available for gas cars/trucks?
Yes gas and diesel