Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Scanner Capabilities
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Snap-on Diagnostics Ethos Plus
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:15 PM

autofella Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Honda HRV ABS problems

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me, I have a 2001 Honda HRV petrol in with the ABS light on and the customer complaining of the brake pedal thumping back up to them when braking. I can get into the ABS system and it communicates ok, it brings up the following options in the ABS menu :

1 - Codes (NO CODES)
2 - Display Codes
3 - Erase Codes

There is obviously a code or fault in the ABS system but it will not let me select any of the options. I can scroll over them but it will not let me select on any of them. If I go into engine it gives me the same options and also says no codes but it will let me select the above options and rescans for any fault codes. I am using the Solus Pro with 9-4 software.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM

David Green Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

It sounds like a wheel speed sensor circuit to me, my Audi does it when in bad weather like ice and snow. I would look at a wiring diagram and trace the ABS sensors to it, also find out what type sensors fitted, i.e. active digital or AC sign wave. Put a scope on each wheel and test the signal strength and quality, if a signal is loosing voltage at any point in the trace check the Phonic Wheel on that sensor circuit, i.e. a chipped tooth, this can cause your fault and may not record a fault code.

David

P.s. Have a look on this forum at ABS waveforms on another thread Hefaus and myself have been posting on, look at the signal fault I got on an ABS system.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 PM

autofella Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Ok and thanks very much for your help David. Ill check the resistance and voltage of each sensor with the multimeter tomorrow but I was wondering why the Solus Pro will not show up a code when there is plainly one there that is illuminating the warning lamp ?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
DSD

Nickb Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Are you having comunication problems with any other vehicle? Try doing a system restore. There may be a file that is not installed correctly in your Solus.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM

No problems with anything else. I would not have the balls to do a system restore just incase i lose everything lol