Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Modis User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Vintage Automobile Repair Manuals from Mitchell 1
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:35 PM

Ryan918 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Modis European update

I wanted to know if when you update and or unlock the european coverage in my modis, is it done with the same cf card or are there different cards for each? Also from what Ive read, once you unlock the european it will be to the current software version I have which is 9.4. If I install an older cf card will it work, as long and its never been installed on another scanner?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Jay G. Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan918 View Post
I wanted to know if when you update and or unlock the european coverage in my modis, is it done with the same cf card or are there different cards for each? Also from what Ive read, once you unlock the european it will be to the current software version I have which is 9.4. If I install an older cf card will it work, as long and its never been installed on another scanner?
Hi Ryan
There is a separate CF card to activate the European software on your Modis and it will activate the Euro software to the current bundle you are using. Each time you update your Modis you will need to activate the Euro software.
If you revert back to an older bundle you can activate the software for that bundle.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Ryan918 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thanks for the reply Jay. So if I use an older update, say year 02 or 04 it will unlock it to only that year or to my current 9.4. Also is there a way to tell if the older update has ever been used and if so, will it still unlock my modis?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Jay G. Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Jay. So if I use an older update, say year 02 or 04 it will unlock it to only that year or to my current 9.4. Also is there a way to tell if the older update has ever been used and if so, will it still unlock my modis?
Ryan,
You need to remember that whenever a CF card is used a security code is writen to the card and it can only be used for the scan tool so if you have saved your previous build for your Modis then you will be able switch between builds. If you go back to an 8.4 and activate the Euro you will only get what was release in 8.4 and so on. As long as you are using CF cards that have been loaded on to your Modis you will be fine or if you have a card that has never been used it will also work.

Jay
Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Because Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Ryan,
You need to remember that whenever a CF card is used a security code is writen to the card and it can only be used for the scan tool so if you have saved your previous build for your Modis then you will be able switch between builds. <SNIP>

Jay
I'm curious about this statement. Does this mean that I can save my current 10.2, update to 11.X later this year, then roll my Modis back to 10.2 if I need a specific feature of that version? Then switch back to version 11.X?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
DSD

Nickb Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

No you cannot go back and forth on updates.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 PM

Because Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickb View Post
No you cannot go back and forth on updates.
Thanks for your reply. So now I'm wondering what is meant by saving 'builds'?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 AM

julyavto Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Smile modis eu cars

Hi i'm from Bulgaria and i wanted to ask about my modis euro cars,on my snap on they are listed but not available.I red about the up date on this forum, so i need to buy this cf card for the update?where i can find it
Old 06-13-2013, 06:18 PM

tomtec Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default function test

Quote:
Ryan can you see if you show the r.p.m. control on your modis 9.4 its a 98 ford pu 5.4 auto with a/c thanks in advance tom
Old 10-05-2013, 05:43 PM

tomtec Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default european up date

I installed euro like 5 years ago and since I did I never had to reuse it again. every update I did after that the euro was updated by the new bundle. Tom