Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > J2534 (Flash Reprogramming) User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Snap-on Diagnostics SOLUS Ultra, The only Scantool with a built in Experience Based Troubleshooter.
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:04 AM

staarstechengr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default staarstechengr reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
In a previous post, Diagnostic Guru mentioned a process in which he described - On Chrysler Vehicles with SKIM, you simply "Unplug" SKIM Module before you program PCM. Reprogram PCM, write the VIN, and plug SKIM back in and your done. If you don't do this, then you will have to use the DRB-3 on Non CAN Chryslers or the WiTech on CAN Chrysler vehicles to reset the SKIM. Remember that J-2534 is simply "Aftermarket" programming and they do not make it easy. I recommend the Factory Tools if you are doing much programming, they are very easy to program with. I followed this process on a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0 and it worked perfectly. This was my first flash on a Dodge/Chrysler with my PTPII. Does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding flashing used modules on a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep that I can use for future jobs? I find that my customers are usually trying to install used ECMs instead of new and I want things to go smoothly for my part. I have read that 3 plug ECMs (NGC controllers) cannot be re-used and I have read about the hazards of installing an ECM from a SKIM equipped system to a Non-SKIM system. Anything else?
the solution is for you to get a skimm reader from www.getskim.com ,then you raedout the skim number and you use your snapon diagnostics tool to scan the used pcm and goto ecu information you will see the vin number of the used ecu edit it into the skim then reprogram the key and start the car if you are not ok you can mail me on ,staarstechengr@yahoo.com,,,,,,, i have more than 30 chryslers with used pcm it works 100%
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Steve6911 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Yes, the Dmax has been around for a while and does a great job. However if I remember right the tool is about $1,800.00 The website shows the yearly update cost at $500.00 This puts the cost of the tool way out of reach for the tech that only does a few SKIM cars a year. Work is being done on the Toolbox2 to make it work as it should.

Steve
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM

ToltecasChavez Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

New here. I have to say that everything worked from what you guys stated. I was able to program a chrysler Town & Country PCM and SKIM successfully with the steps you guys mentioned. I used my VERUS, but made sure evrything had power. Meaning hooking up the battery to my snapon EEBC500, power cable to my VERUS and straight Ethernet cable. I used to use WIFI until one day it failed on me an killed my PCM. So I do everything with cables, a bit of a hassle, but worth it in the end. :-D
Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 PM

elzarra Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

there is a company (auto computer exchange) that I often order chrysler/jeep/dodge PCM's for jeep grand cherokee with skim and oteher ones like RAM 2004 with skim also. I asked them to delete skim ant they send me a PCM with out skim, all I need to do is disconect the skim and leaved unpluged. car will star every time with skim disconected.

do you know how they do this?