Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

peugeot 307 HDi 2.0 DPF filter regen help please

Hi all, been out tonight, do my 1st DPF regen.
    Peugeot 307 HDi 2004 2.0 turbo vin number model 'RHS'.

Im assuming not comaptible to this particular car , plug my pro in, locate the car, read the engine codes 1st P1447 Particle filter, this will not clear, the owner informed me had has had a garage runsome flushing/cleaning fluid through the system,not knowing anything abouty cleaning fluids i simply acknowledged this.

So i chsoe the DIESEL ADDITIVE option for regen, then next screen asks for a RP number, someones rubbed it from its location, told the guy to find out. Carried on reguardless, choice i think was rp1980 up to an 1980 after, chose both options and the pro reported back 'NO COMMS etc is ign switched on '.

So that was the end of that, my 1st DPF regen and the proc couldnt assist, any oneels found any shortcuts to fool the software etc to allow resets ?.

Views and comments appreiated, thank you, merry christmass to you all, andy
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • leemack
    • Jul 2010

I think (but not sure) its been removed from the software as it was causing engine trouble after a regen with excess diesel going into the sump and contaminating the engine oil or worse blowing it up.

I attempted a regen on a C8 once but that wasn't a complete result but i couldn't believe the heat produced or the fumes from the exhaust.

If you do manage it somehow just be careful as it can be dangerous.

Another point is i've read somewhere that they can catch fire to the underside of the car.

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Cheers for your view my friend, now that could be another item to take up with the S.O group if it is so, they sell something but can not prove what they sell as their is NO PROOF or documentation.

I found a couple links via google, showing the cat simply removed and opened up for cleaning of the filter then refitted.

Just gota wait till 12.2 comes out, then aprox a neighbouring SO rep for details on upgrading.
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Update on this, the owner had been quoted £1k from the dealer, but a local garage unit offered a unit at £250 fitted, so he's going down this line.
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Maurice Quille
          • Apr 2010

Dpf Regen.

Originally posted by andybaz
          Cheers for your view my friend, now that could be another item to take up with the S.O group if it is so, they sell something but can not prove what they sell as their is NO PROOF or documentation.

I found a couple links via google, showing the cat simply removed and opened up for cleaning of the filter then refitted.

Just gota wait till 12.2 comes out, then aprox a neighbouring SO rep for details on upgrading.
          Hello Andy,

I recall hearing an issue about regen on Psa vehicles before. I've done 4 regens with 11.4 with a mondeo, focus and 2 passats and they all worked out ok, Granted theres about 14 steps to go through before it will allow you do a regen. for example on a 08 Focus it wants you do do an oil and filter change and reset the service intervial indicator. you need at least 1/4 tank of fuel and it revs the engine to 3,500 for 20 mins. So dont do a regen on Tarmac, or a painted garage floor, dpf filter glows red!
          Theres a few back yard methods that work, remove and power wash filter in the direction of exhaust flow, a bucket of water and a very mild caustic soda solution. I've seen it done but I'm unsure.

French group cars were always going to be different!

Comment

Working...