Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Programming PATS keys on a Mazda

Today I tried to add a key (only had one programmed key) to a 2010 mazda Tribute (vin 4F2CY0C73AKM03605) with my pass thru pro 2. Had no problem identifying the vehicle with FMP but when I clicked on the PATS tab all I got was a message " The diagnostic tester was unable to communicate with the module ". This is the first time that I've tried the pass thru on a Ford/Mazda built vehicle. The Verus had no problem communicating with the PATs system. The Pass Thru seemed to communicate with the other modules that I tried. Does the IDS work with these vehicles ? Has any one else tried to learn a key on a Ford/Mazda ?
    Last edited by greasybob; 03-14-2012, 05:09 PM.
  • Orevin
    • Aug 2010

Hi Bob,

I'm not familiar with Mazda reprogramming, but here is my SWAG.

PATS is part of the Smart Junction Box (SJB). The SJB communicates on the Medium Speed CAN bus (MS-CAN):

3-14-2012 8-01-09 PM.jpg

According to Motorcraft (http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=pubs_pcm&gutsid=pubs_pcm&menuIn dex1=25), modules on MS-CAN cannot be programmed with FMP:

3-14-2012 8-02-28 PM.jpg

HTH,
    -Kai-
    Chicago, IL

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Hmmm ? The Shopkey schematic puts the PATs as part of the instrument cluster ? This is where the Verus accessess it from as well. The FMP identifies the vehicle as Escape/Mariner/Trubute. Maybe it's coded differently to meet Mazda's antitheft protocol ? Just a side note here, when I was in The FMP menu I noticed an option to do a "misfire monitor neutral profile correction" if replacing a PCM, must be some sort of a crank relearn procedure for Fords, I've never seen this before.
      Attached Files

Comment

• K2356
        • Aug 2007

The last Tribute I programmed the PATS system on was a 2005. I performed the task with the Ford/Mazda IDS system and VCM in which it requires 2 keys otherwise the vehicle will not start untill the second key is validated. Since the latest Ford IDS version 77 update Mazda is no longer supported,which now means you need to purchase an additional subscription/coverage. New changes are also coming for Ford soon with the release of their VCM2.

Now what I really find interesting is how one can purchase a costly and (lack of supported) J2534 device and expect it to perform miracles.You might as well flip a coin as to whether or not its going to work.
        Kevin Suttorp[/SIZE]

Comment

• Orevin
          • Aug 2010

Hi Bob,

My mistake, should have read the system description more closely. That being said, the chart I posted shows the IC on the HS and MS networks. Alldata doesn't have wiring diagrams for this model yet and my Mitchell installation neither. How does the IC communicate with the scan tool/PTP?
          -Kai-
          Chicago, IL

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

The instrument cluster uses the K17 key so it must be high speed. The SJB,TPMS, uses K19, medium speed I guess.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Sorry, I should add that everything communicates fine with the Verus

Comment

• USpMD
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by greasybob
                Today I tried to add a key (only had one programmed key) to a 2010 mazda Tribute (vin 4F2CY0C73AKM03605) with my pass thru pro 2. Had no problem identifying the vehicle with FMP but when I clicked on the PATS tab all I got was a message " The diagnostic tester was unable to communicate with the module ". This is the first time that I've tried the pass thru on a Ford/Mazda built vehicle. The Verus had no problem communicating with the PATs system. The Pass Thru seemed to communicate with the other modules that I tried. Does the IDS work with these vehicles ? Has any one else tried to learn a key on a Ford/Mazda ?
                Bob, I havent tried this with J2534 and IDS, however IDS with Fords VCM on the Mazda works very well, works just like a Ford vehicle since its a shared platform vehicle,IDS has all the same fuctions including key programing on Mazda vehicles, without the VCM you cannot program other modules, Ford hasent released this thru FMP
                Last edited by USpMD; 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM.
                "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• snap-on men
                  • Feb 2012

hi l do but not whit pass thru l do whit t-code key programming is tool just for key programming because on ford and mazda you need incode/outcode authorization access to pats system to relearn new key and the incode/outcode you can get from dealer.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by snap-on men
                    hi l do but not whit pass thru l do whit t-code key programming is tool just for key programming because on ford and mazda you need incode/outcode authorization access to pats system to relearn new key and the incode/outcode you can get from dealer.
                    Hey, I was wondering about those T-Code Tools. Do they work on ALL Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda and other manufacturers if you purchase the packages for it? Also, do you need Pin #'s for the immobilizer and/or call the dealer for them? Do you need to have a Locksmith License and all that stuff that every dealer asks for in order to read/write keys? I'm wondering bc sometimes I get people who want to program keys and key fobs from cars that either the Verus I have cannot do along with the PTPII. Any info would be nice. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• snap-on men
                      • Feb 2012

yea T-CODE work on different brands on some cars u need pin code access and some dealer get to you for free but another t-code get to you. l have t-code and work fine

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by snap-on men
                        yea T-CODE work on different brands on some cars u need pin code access and some dealer get to you for free but another t-code get to you. l have t-code and work fine
                        So some will need the PIN code from the dealer which can give it to you free, "but another t-code get to you"??? Not making fun, I'm just trying to understand the last part. You mean that another t-code machine can give you the PIN? Let me know and thanks for all your help. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• snap-on men
                          • Feb 2012

ok T-CODE get pin code of different brand like volkwagen,audi,chrysler,dodge and jeep,izuzu,mitsubishi,and nissan you need other software is nissan super code this software make conversion of 5-digitos to 4 digitos
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...