Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicracing2008
    • Sep 2012

02 Rendezvous airbag light

I recently replaced a motor in a 2002 buick rendezvous. I removed the headlight, grill and front end wiring harness including unplugging the air bag sensors. I did start and run the motor with the airbag sensors unplugged. When i hooked up the front end wire harness including the airbag sensors the airbag light came on and will not clear. I am getting codes b0100 and b0103. Any help would be awesome Thanks
  • jonwally
    • Oct 2010

I have had an air bag light issue when I replaced a PCM in a Chev vehicle once. The supplier forgot to program in the VIN ; so when I hooked it all up and started the vehicle the air bag light came on because the VIN in the PCM did not match the VIN in the air bag computer. When you did the engine swap did you change the PCM? Also the codes for the air bag will remain in "History" until 255 malfunction free ignition cycles.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by nicracing2008
      I recently replaced a motor in a 2002 buick rendezvous. I removed the headlight, grill and front end wiring harness including unplugging the air bag sensors. I did start and run the motor with the airbag sensors unplugged. When i hooked up the front end wire harness including the airbag sensors the airbag light came on and will not clear. I am getting codes b0100 and b0103. Any help would be awesome Thanks
      Those codes are for both front discriminating sensors. Use your scanner to look at the airbag data. See if it thinks the sensor circuits are still open. If not, try clearing the codes again.

+1 on what jonwally said about the VIN matching as well. An updated scanner should be able to do it, if required.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Pabliniboy
        • Mar 2011

Your problem is the front impact sensors, check the plugs make sure
        They are well connected, no need vin matching, not for those codes
        Once you plug the sensors back, the light should go off and system
        Reset by itself... Keep us updated

Comment

Working...