Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prmayner
    • Jun 2013

Hardware Initalization Warning

First Thread so hope i don't piss off too many, but that's the box that pops up every time i try and run Shopstream software,

"The application has detected that the hardware is not fully initialized.
    Please relaunch the application.
    If the problem persists, please reboot your device and then relaunch the app.
    The app will now exit.

I've tried all that i can find to do on the internet, seems to me it's got to be in the registry that something needs to be changed to get it to open, i don't know i could be wrong.
    This is a new well lets say different toy cause it's definitely not new. I thought i would dive off into another SO diagnostics machine and lets just say i'm frustrated to say the least. I've only had this a week and have been able to use it on one vehicle. I have been on the phone everyday to Tech support and they keep re-imaging over and over and after their done it may work once it may not even work once after i close the app. It seems to be happening when i try and use it and then shut the program down and restart Shopstream and i get the message every time. Anybody have any ideas would be extremely appreciated.

Got back on the phone today and the tech said if it's been re-imaged over and over and I still get the same hardware init. problem then it has to be sent in to be repaired cause there's something wrong inside the unit. While he could be right why is it then that after i have you guys do your thing with it it runs until i shut it down. Seems to me if it were a hardware problem it would work intermittently or not at all. Whatever you guys do to it over the internet makes it work. What's up with that? Then i think we got disconnected.

I don't want to hate on the so phone techs but do they know where they work? I mean this guy tells me shopstream cannot be run after you do a re-image on the 323 without contacting customer care to get the program reinstalled, wrong i did it yesterday and it opened right up and worked like a champ then after about 5 openings of the program it went back to the hardware init warning screen. He also told me you can't connect to the internet on a secured line unless your running wep security or less I told him i had wpa2 he said that's why it wont connect, wrong. I installed sp3 and it connected no problem. I don't who so has working for them but they need to know the basics before they start taking phone calls, come on guys. I still cant figure out why shopstream will only open up about 3 to 5 times then bam hardware warning box.

Well i've had my verus on for a week now and everything is working as it should, I guess i just won't ever shut it off. I guess nobody has run into this before since no one has commented, I"ll just keep looking for an answer. I will be installing more memory in the very near future so i'll have to shut it off to do that, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by prmayner; 09-05-2013, 03:29 PM. Reason: more info
  • Vash
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by prmayner
    First Thread so hope i don't piss off too many, but that's the box that pops up every time i try and run Shopstream software,

I've tried all that i can find to do on the internet, seems to me it's got to be in the registry that something needs to be changed to get it to open, i don't know i could be wrong.
    This is a new well lets say different toy cause it's definitely not new. I thought i would dive off into another SO diagnostics machine and lets just say i'm frustrated to say the least. I've only had this a week and have been able to use it on one vehicle. I have been on the phone everyday to Tech support and they keep re-imaging over and over and after their done it may work once it may not even work once after i close the app. It seems to be happening when i try and use it and then shut the program down and restart Shopstream and i get the message every time. Anybody have any ideas would be extremely appreciated.

Got back on the phone today and the tech said if it's been re-imaged over and over and I still get the same hardware init. problem then it has to be sent in to be repaired cause there's something wrong inside the unit. While he could be right why is it then that after i have you guys do your thing with it it runs until i shut it down. Seems to me if it were a hardware problem it would work intermittently or not at all. Whatever you guys do to it over the internet makes it work. What's up with that? Then i think we got disconnected.

I don't want to hate on the so phone techs but do they know where they work? I mean this guy tells me shopstream cannot be run after you do a re-image on the 323 without contacting customer care to get the program reinstalled, wrong i did it yesterday and it opened right up and worked like a champ then after about 5 openings of the program it went back to the hardware init warning screen. He also told me you can't connect to the internet on a secured line unless your running wep security or less I told him i had wpa2 he said that's why it wont connect, wrong. I installed sp3 and it connected no problem. I don't who so has working for them but they need to know the basics before they start taking phone calls, come on guys. I still cant figure out why shopstream will only open up about 3 to 5 times then bam hardware warning box.

Well i've had my verus on for a week now and everything is working as it should, I guess i just won't ever shut it off. I guess nobody has run into this before since no one has commented, I"ll just keep looking for an answer. I will be installing more memory in the very near future so i'll have to shut it off to do that, we'll see what happens.
    Did you ever figure out what it was? Mine got "Re imaged" today after having an authorization error and now I am getting the "The application has detected that the hardware is not fully initialized.
    Please relaunch the application.
    If the problem persists, please reboot your device and then relaunch the app.
    The app will now exit."

Comment

• Vash
      • Dec 2014

I figured it out, driver error 28 for the cp2103 usb to uart bridge was missing. None off the internet worked, the driver I got from Snap On's website was password protected...
      Ended up finding the driver in the program files somewhere, after I installed the driver the diagnostic suite opens up with no problems since... Turned it off and on about 6 times. Will see how it goes in about a week of use.

Comment

• zgeoffroy
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Vash
        I figured it out, driver error 28 for the cp2103 usb to uart bridge was missing. None off the internet worked, the driver I got from Snap On's website was password protected...
        Ended up finding the driver in the program files somewhere, after I installed the driver the diagnostic suite opens up with no problems since... Turned it off and on about 6 times. Will see how it goes in about a week of use.

Do you know where you found that driver? I am currently having the same issue.

Comment

• Vash
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by zgeoffroy
          Do you know where you found that driver? I am currently having the same issue.
          I remember finding it in the program files somewhere. I cannot recall, though. Mine has been working flawless ever since.

You can also try the one related to your complaint, I think it has the driver in this software package. Number 6 or 7

The file is password protected. This is the password the snap-on tech gave me: snaponcc

Good luck, make sure to post if you fixed it.

Comment

Working...