X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

missing modules in BMW 5 series

have a 2006 BMW 530xi ( E61 ) scanning with solus ultra with 18.2.1
    I have many modules the snap on scan tool does not read.

see the screen shots from the snap on solus

and compare that to a scan from BMW ISTA that scans all modules

I highlighted the modules the snap on module can read, as you can see it is missing about half of the modules, most notable..all the infotainment modules,
    this car has air suspension in the rear axle, also missing that module ( EHC )

however, if i choose to do a code scan, it appears to scan for the sunroof ( shd ) the alarm siren ( sine ) the controller ( con ) and the b pillar satellites, ( sbsl, and sbsr ) also does userinterface/radio... ?????

why would it scan those modules in the code scan but they are not shown and able to select on the main module screen ?

this is a 13 year old car, snap on... fix and/or add missing modules for BMW, and release the update in a service release!!! DO NOT add this in a sw update for 19.2 that people would have to purchase!!!
    Attached Files
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

THANK YOU Adam!!! I will forward your post to the powers that be.

Comment

• tech25
      • Oct 2017

thank you for forwarding.. had another issue the other day on a volvo, and when i scanned all modules, and then tried to clear all codes it locked up the scan tool and the dash was a christmas tree. reset scan tool and retried, same results.

i had to use VIDA, which had many can faults in the modules, from the solus crashing, was able to clear all faults with vida

alas i was unable to make a report and dont remember exactly the model so no help there.

If reported bugs do get fixed... then i will take reporting and documenting bugs much more seriously.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Yes Adam, bug reports do get fixed. Sometimes quickly sometimes not. It depends on what the developers are working on at the time and how important they feel the issue is. The Volvo issue sounds VERY important so if something like that comes up again PLEASE get as much information as possible. Year, Make, model, full VIN, the tool and software version you are using along with the issue is the minimum needed. Screen shots (if possible) really help along with if a different make tool was able to do the job or correct the issue. I know its a lot of work but it helps make the tool better which is better for all of us! The reports that come is like I got a blue Chevy 2000 and something and the tool won't shut the damn light off..... well those don't get fixed

THANKS again for your help!
        Steve

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

looking in the solus history, this is the the volvo i was talking about. did a complete vehicle scan, then when attempting to clear all codes, it crashed about half way through and the dash lit up with all types of warning lights.

had to use vida to clear all the faults, ( can related faults in the modules ).
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...