Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evergreenauto
    • May 2015

Zeus plus...

anybody got one yet? I get mine tomorrow. Should we start a new section?
  • evergreenauto
    • May 2015

well...been using it a couple of days and i must say...other than the lack of a dock charging type solution I'm very pleased.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

That's good. I haven't put one on a car yet. Having the scope module external to the base unit seems like a good idea. I don't use the scope nearly as much as I use the scanner, so saving the space and weight will be nice.
      Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Corvette Rick
        • Jul 2020

Im more interested in the hardware specs, which seem to be missing. If anyone wants to post the system specs once they get one that would be cool. Its actually different then the Verus Edge this time.

Comment

• Tech_A
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Corvette Rick
          Im more interested in the hardware specs, which seem to be missing. If anyone wants to post the system specs once they get one that would be cool. Its actually different then the Verus Edge this time.
          General specifications are here

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

The shop has a Zeus and I have a Verus Edge. I downloaded and ran a small program named "Speccy" which is how I discovered the two machines were identical. I am a bit curious about what Speccy (for example) says about the internals of this one. Local rep offered us one to test drive but my boss still has a bad taste from trading in his Verus Edge for basically the exact same thing and he declined.

Comment

• Tech_A
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by GypsyR
              The shop has a Zeus and I have a Verus Edge. I downloaded and ran a small program named "Speccy" which is how I discovered the two machines were identical. I am a bit curious about what Speccy (for example) says about the internals of this one. Local rep offered us one to test drive but my boss still has a bad taste from trading in his Verus Edge for basically the exact same thing and he declined.
              Verus Edge and Zeus may have had the same hardware but Verus Edge did not get Intelligent Diagnostics

Zeus+ Hardware comparison at a glance...
              • Display 1920x1080 @ 11.6"
              • 128GB SSD
              • Battery life ~ 9 Hours
              • Bluetooth 5.0, 2.1
              • USB C
              • 8mp Camera

Comment

• Corvette Rick
                • Jul 2020

Seems like a decent upgrade, not really up to modern computer standards if I'm being picky. For the price though i would think it would have a better camera then a 2016 cell phone. The Verus edge works just fine, the main gripe i have is snap on refuses to support it for a windows 10 upgrade they just call it a legacy product now. Ive seen others do the upgrade and ram and HD upgrades as well however if you run into a problem Snap On wont help you because at that point your basically modding it.

Comment

• Tech_A
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Corvette Rick
                  Seems like a decent upgrade, not really up to modern computer standards if I'm being picky. For the price though i would think it would have a better camera then a 2016 cell phone. The Verus edge works just fine, the main gripe i have is snap on refuses to support it for a windows 10 upgrade they just call it a legacy product now. Ive seen others do the upgrade and ram and HD upgrades as well however if you run into a problem Snap On wont help you because at that point your basically modding it.
                  Definitely agree it is not up to "modern standards" but neither are computers on cars. You can ramp up the hardware as much as you want but if the car's communication line is slow then there is nothing really the scanner can do to speed that up.

I think the major benefit of this product is how much support you get from Snap-on, assurance that software has been tested, and new features included with each software subscription.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

It's good to see reviews and reports on the scanner I'll own as soon as I can get my hands on a used or repo unit. I gotta say though that I got a IM 508 autel as a back up and I'm impressed with the Immobilizer functions without any licensing, I've viewed their arguments that they only access the information and capabilities that are already in the vehicle. I would think that SnapOn could make some moves in this direction with out ruffling any feathers. Any ways the Autel is a terrible scanner with great functions and would never trade it for my Zeus.

Comment

• Corvette Rick
                      • Jul 2020

I agree the features and data built into the tool are very nice, especially 2012 and before for the troubleshooter. I only wish 2012 and on would download into the tool now and stay instead of being web based. Living in Alaska we don't have Wi-Fi every square inch of the state so its not as good of a feature for remote places.

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

My only gripe with the current Zeus is that establishing communication with the scan module is slow and glitchy. The blue tooth is slow to hook up and automatic vin recognition is slow and often misses by asking for vin digits when it has already displayed the vin. Hopefully the PLUS model has addressed these issues. I often have to unplug the scan module or reset diagnostic suite if the vehicle is shut off at the wrong time or switching between vehicles. I always try to find patterns for when the errors occur but it seems random. I know that Fords for sure have gotten much slower to auto ID. I would also say that the Zeus is more glitchier than me Verus Edge was.

Comment

• DeslMec
                          • Oct 2022

Hi guys, I am new to forum. I just bought the new Zeus plus, I haven't noticed any weird issues yet, so far I like it.

Comment

• ronald316@
                            • Aug 2020

zeus +

i got mine on oct 31 way nicer then the zeus which i traded in
                            Last edited by ronald316@; 02-04-2023, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• GypsyR
                              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Tech_A
                              Verus Edge and Zeus may have had the same hardware but Verus Edge did not get Intelligent Diagnostics
                              Well aware. But to say they are different is like saying your Iphone is different from mine because you have Facetime or something on it and I don't. The added diagnostics is just an app extension.
                              As a transmission repair focused shop we have found our four years of the "Intelligent" Diagnostics subscription to so far be next to useless. No idea why the boss still pays for it. Any code you get like a shift solenoid or speed sensor it will basically say "replace transmission". I'm serious, it's absurd.

I don't care at all for the huge "soap on a rope" Edge dongle but it seems to me to be slightly more responsive than the nice and slim Zeus dongle. I don't use both scanners back to back often but it happens.

Comment

Working...