P1000 Motorcycle scanner

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Any plans to release the software to add to the Verus, Zeus, or Verdict platforms?
    would definitely be interested if so. If they do this, maybe they can also eventually add
    component test info in the scope functions.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Any plans to add 4 wheelers and utility vehicles?
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

What exactly is a "Smart adapter?"

Are all the needed motorcycle make adapters included with the P1000 Motorcycle Scanner , or each different make "Smart Connector" have to be purchased separately?
        Does a "Smart " connector mean that it is a $500 - $700 extra cost option that unlocks one make of software instead of just typical lost adapter you can get online for anything else for around $50 Does "Smart" mean chipped and it can only be paired to one scanner and won't work if lent out and used on a friend's Snap On Scannner , kind of like a PATS key chip inside it ?
        Now that Snap On has a dedicated motorcycle scanner software for most motorcycle makes now , can someone that owns a Crotch Rocket opt for Suzuki , Kawasaki or Honda, etc software when updating their Solus Edge as a substitution for the present Harley Davidson Software ?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Are all the needed motorcycle make adapters included with the P1000 Motorcycle Scanner , or each different make "Smart Connector" have to be purchased separately?
          You can buy it as a master kit and all the adapters are included. There are other options to get American, Metric and Euro connectors as individual kits.

Does a "Smart " connector mean that it is a $500 - $700 extra cost option that unlocks one make of software instead of just typical lost adapter you can get online for anything else for around $50
          It's not that it unlocks it, but you need the connector to scan a bike. They are not inexpensive.

Does "Smart" mean chipped and it can only be paired to one scanner and won't work if lent out and used on a friend's Snap On Scannner , kind of like a PATS key chip inside it ?
          Nope. Connectors can be borrowed or swapped.

Now that Snap On has a dedicated motorcycle scanner software for most motorcycle makes now , can someone that owns a Crotch Rocket opt for Suzuki , Kawasaki or Honda, etc software when updating their Solus Edge as a substitution for the present Harley Davidson Software ?[/QUOTE]
          No. Updates will bring all makes to the current level. Updates are the same regardless of how many makes you access, just like the automotive scanners.
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

No. Updates will bring all makes to the current level. Updates are the same regardless of how many makes you access, just like the automotive scanners.
            I am talking about the automotive scanners. From what I understand it includes the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Software, and that is also on the P1000 Motor cycle scanner. I'm just saying on future car scanner updates let those that fix cars but ride a motorcycle of a different make have a wildcard option on SSC to choose a different (single)motorcycle make rather than Harley Davidson. Of course they could charge an extra Farfignueggen Fee for the BMW bike software.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
              I am talking about the automotive scanners. From what I understand it includes the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Software, and that is also on the P1000 Motor cycle scanner. I'm just saying on future car scanner updates let those that fix cars but ride a motorcycle of a different make have a wildcard option on SSC to choose a different (single)motorcycle make rather than Harley Davidson. Of course they could charge an extra Farfignueggen Fee for the BMW bike software.
              No. HD will remain the anomaly. It will stay on the automotive scanners because it would be totally unfair to remove it for the folks who own it.
              No other makes of bikes will be added to the automotive scanners. At least not that I know of.

Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• Hedjhawg
                • Nov 2018

DLC-1 - What is ists purpose?

I own a Solus Edge and I just picked up a P1000 Complete Kit.

One of the cables is the DLC-1 Adapter (EAX0072L03A), which has a tag on it: "Not for Automotive Use". The DA-4 IS for automotive use; what is the purpose of the DLC-1 if not automotive?

Comment

Working...