Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crzydrvr
    • Oct 2008

2001 Mercedes E 430

I have a 01 Benz E 430 that has a throttle response issue. When I wanted to go for a test drive I tried to hit the gas to go and there was nothing. I was able to get it back into the shop. No codes. I went after the TPS with the Vantage. Things seemed a little on the bad side out of spec with some glitches. Not enough to totally convince me that this was it. I hooked into it with the Solus, on the Live Data display. Then to find out that the PCM wan't seeing the true position in percentage. I could have the WOT and at the most it would show about 22% open. Vantage was also telling me that there were 2 more of these sensors, one for each bank. Anyone have any ideas that can help?? Thank you
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by crzydrvr
    I have a 01 Benz E 430 that has a throttle response issue. When I wanted to go for a test drive I tried to hit the gas to go and there was nothing. I was able to get it back into the shop. No codes. I went after the TPS with the Vantage. Things seemed a little on the bad side out of spec with some glitches. Not enough to totally convince me that this was it. I hooked into it with the Solus, on the Live Data display. Then to find out that the PCM wan't seeing the true position in percentage. I could have the WOT and at the most it would show about 22% open. Vantage was also telling me that there were 2 more of these sensors, one for each bank. Anyone have any ideas that can help?? Thank you
    Have you tried downloading Shopstream Connect w/ Ask-A-Tech Live, and then posting a help request?

Thank you.

Comment

• crzydrvr
      • Oct 2008

The issue was found to an accelerator pedal sensor. thanks.

Comment

Working...