X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirk
    • Feb 2011

code B1001

After flashing a BCM in an 08 Chevy 3500 airbag light on and code B1001 set
    some resheach showed that either the BCM or the SDM did not get the vin so the airbag module do not match anyone know the resoution for this
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dirk
    After flashing a BCM in an 08 Chevy 3500 airbag light on and code B1001 set
    some resheach showed that either the BCM or the SDM did not get the vin so the airbag module do not match anyone know the resoution for this

Dirk
    First, Welcome to the forums!
    When Posting please give as much info as possible. Year, Make, Model, engine size,etc and in this case why you were flashing the BCM. Did you install a new one or flashed for a TSB???
    Anyway I believe you will need to learn the BCM to the SDM. You will need a Tech2 for this it will be in BCM, special functions. I will see if I can come up with anything else. I also contacted Rich Barton about it and once he gets back from his service calls he will also double check this.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve6911; 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Orevin
      • Aug 2010

Steve is correct. You will need a Tech 2 to setup the BCM correctly.
      -Kai-
      Chicago, IL

Comment

• Rich Barton
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
        Dirk
        First, Welcome to the forums!
        When Posting please give as much info as possible. Year, Make, Model, engine size,etc and in this case why you were flashing the BCM. Did you install a new one or flashed for a TSB???
        Anyway I believe you will need to learn the BCM to the SDM. You will need a Tech2 for this it will be in BCM, special functions. I will see if I can come up with anything else. I also contacted Rich Barton about it and once he gets back from his service calls he will also double check this.

Steve
        Hi Dirk,

The Airbag module needs set up to the bcm this is an easy task, but you will need a tech 2 to get it done.
        Rich Barton
        C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• gmworldclass
          • Oct 2010

I think there is a set up bcm part # in the verdict

Comment

• jrorl63
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

In 10.4 the following was added - 2005 & Newer GM Body Control (CAN systems)
            Allows “Setup” for new BCM or Airbag module.

In 11.2 - GM Light Trucks and SUVs - Airbag / SDM Handshake setup for the BCM

Comment

• Dirk
              • Feb 2011

thanks

Hey thanks for the replys got a friend to set the handshake for the sdm module and everything was ok. Still not going to but a Tech11

Comment

Working...