Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirk
    • Feb 2011

Error code

Had a 08 Saturn Vue from another shop and they wanted to flash the hvac module got a error box E4399 "Severe error reading ECU data from device failed" was able to com with every other module. Again went to my friends Tech11 and was able to reflash the HVAC mod with no trouble. Anybody seen this
    Thanks
    PS still not going to buy a Tech11
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dirk
    Had a 08 Saturn Vue from another shop and they wanted to flash the hvac module got a error box E4399 "Severe error reading ECU data from device failed" was able to com with every other module. Again went to my friends Tech11 and was able to reflash the HVAC mod with no trouble. Anybody seen this
    Thanks
    PS still not going to buy a Tech11
    I have had this error on many GM's when using a global passthrough and any Body related module. the Tech2 uses a Remote way of flashing and is the best way to do a GM, or consider a MDI. the passthrough is mainly for powertrian systems, will work ok on some body systems but not all, I'm not sure why? So far the MT-VCI/MDI is the only GM approved passthrough device or the Tech2 for all modules. if you work on many GM then a Tech2 is your best choice.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Dirk

J2534 flashing only "has" to give you emissions related flashing, some manufacturers give you more. Saturn being the redheaded step child of the GM fleet has some weird protocols, so be REAL careful when flashing them. Early OBDII Saturns MUST be flashed with the TECHII and red adapter or flashed off board. If you use a Jbox and flash onboard you just bought yourself a PCM. As Eddie said the problem you are seeing is common, and there are MANY more! I wish I had a better answer for you.

Steve

Comment

Working...