• Show
Clear All
  • gmworldclass
    • Oct 2010

did you reflashing the PCM and entering the vehicles the right vin

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Normally any TAC codes will put a vehicle into reduced power mode, I don;t think you can do a crank relearn if this happens. Did the codes appear immediately after relearning the key ? Can you post a screen shot of the idle TPS and TAC PIDS ?

Comment

• normanatlm
        • Apr 2009

want to thank everyone for the help, looks like the problem is resolved.

the codes came shortly after key relearn yes.
        I disconnected battery, disconnected the 3 pcm connectors, recleaned, retightened, the codes returned about 3 times with just key on, I kept clearing them, then fnally they stayed off, Initually the data said no for tps and ap agreemnet, now they say yes, car runs, and the desired% = the actual%.

yes the vehicle went to reduced power, and I believe engine off, as it would not start.
        passed a good road test with no codes, will drive again later.
        again thanks to everyone, snappy even said he will put in to get my hundred back.

Comment

• normanatlm
          • Apr 2009

oh boy, here we go again another trailblazer

snap on replaced my pass thrupro2, with a new one so its back at it.
          guess what I get to reflash, you got it! another 03 trailblazer with a 4.2.

so I want to test out all the new equiptment we got an abandoned 01 buick lesabre, with the tranny out of the vehicle, so I put the channel plate with valve body on top of the motor, hook up the connector and ground the channel plate, clear all the codes. and reflash the vehicle, bingo, everything worked fine, reflashed completed.

so now I am ready for this other 03 trailblazer, guess what, yea thats right, good bye pcm, your toast.
          I checked every processor in this vehicle prior to reflash, no codes. reflash after removing fuse 6 & 51 when told. this time the reflash made it to the final 11 secounds, then error e4491, the exact same error as before, with a dead pcm and u1000 code now set.

nothing wrong with the passthrupro2 lights still lit.
          so now another 100 bucks for a pcm out of my pocket, thank God for 3 side tranny jobs this week.

any ideals??
          thought maybe alldata showed wrong location for 6 & 51, in rear fuse panel under rear seat, but mitchell shows the same.

can snap on tech check into this?

Comment

• Trindaddy
            • Jan 2010

So Norm, what was the conclusion here? Why is your tool/ procedure so deadly to Envoy PCMs? Ever figure this out? Sometimes its very costly to "learn" in this trade. You have a good attitude about it. Remember what you learn will always be yours and you take it with you where ever you go.

Neil

Comment

• normanatlm
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Trindaddy
              So Norm, what was the conclusion here? Why is your tool/ procedure so deadly to Envoy PCMs? Ever figure this out? Sometimes its very costly to "learn" in this trade. You have a good attitude about it. Remember what you learn will always be yours and you take it with you where ever you go.

Neil
              my conclusion is to leave the 03 trailblazers alone
              snapon nor tis gave me any satisfactory reason, while re doing my ase's this fall, spoke with a gm tech about it He said it is not uncommon to smoke a tcm/ecm.
              good news from what I understand tis will now let you do a short subscription now compared to a 3 month subscription

Comment

• normanatlm
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by normanatlm
                want to thank everyone for the help, looks like the problem is resolved.

again thanks to everyone, snappy even said he will put in to get my hundred back.
                still waiting for the 100 dollars

Comment

Working...