Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegasloki
    • Jul 2012

DB9 adapter for RPM clip to Vantage Ultra

I've got a Vantage Ultra and I'm restore/rescue classic cars. Old school, distributors, points, carbs. Like it was when men were men...

I'd ask my guy but he's at SFC right now and won't be back for a week. I need to measure secondary ignition. It looks like the EAK0294B09A secondary ignition kit has what I need. In looking for an adapter from the DB9 on the rpm clip I was only able to find the EEMS301A05 split lead adapter. Looks like it would do it and have the added bonus of adding pressure adapters as that's on my list of things to add as well.

Will the EAK0294B09A kit with the EEMS301A05 adapter get me to the point where I can log RPM with the ignition signal?

Dave
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

You'd need:
    EETA309A05A
    EETM306A02

Don't get the lead you listed. It includes the RPM probe used for #1 cylinder pickup, and you have no way to use that on a Modis Ultra.
    To be clear, you can attach the ignition lead to the coil wires, but will have to find a way to trigger off the #1 cylinder if you want to run a parade pattern.

The easiest thing for you to do on an old vehicle would be to parade all 8 cylinders, and if one looks out of whack just do single cylinder at a time until you find it.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• vegasloki
      • Jul 2012

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...