Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Programming Various Cars

Hey guys, been a long time. I still come around to see what's up in the Programming forum. Anyways, some questions. First, when replacing used BCM, ICM, TCM, IPDM of Nissan, what exactly is the process to match the old part to the new car that it's being donated to. Like an example is the IPDM of any nissan. What exactly happens? Do u program the VIN in the new/used IPDM? Or do you go to nissan's website and use a consult to download the program and then program it to the car? Is it an easy process or does it require you to buy a subscription from nissan for your consult to program the IPDM? Samething if it was a BCM. I have seen places that replace the IPDM but the car doesn't start. Newer models, like 2008 and above. Same for Chrysler ones and Toyota. I have never programmed these modules bc I don't have the computers. I have done the easy ones, meaning FORD and Chevrolet, but never the used or BCM's, IPDM's, etc. Any info from people who have done this with aftermarket tools or the dealer tools. Thank you for you time.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think I wouldn't try anything unless I actually had the car pulled up onto a car carrier if it is going to be more than a $75 tow to get it to a Nissan Dealer.
    See link below and in last post in thread, copy and paste the link to PDF with good info re Nissan and Infiniti immobilizer.

Last edited by Witsend; 03-06-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

I see what ur saying and appreciate the input. What I'm actually asking is if anyone has used a consult to program an IPDM or BCM. And what happens when u do this? Does it require u to get a subscription from nissan or is it offline since u have the consult and program? Does the VIN need to be programmed only or is it software programming? Same with toyota, KIA, Land Rover, etc. Just want to hear from people who have used these dealer tools to program modules. I have done only American, except chrysler since they have PCM and TCM programming only with the PTP2. Anyone else? Thanks again!
      Last edited by ToltecasChavez; 03-09-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

For Nissan Infiniti it's done through a dealer net work through a Panasonic tough book running a program called Consult 3 Plus. (Or NERS software on a WIN XP or WIN 7 PC.)I'm sure the Consult scan tool can still do basic coding and adaptations.

Last edited by Witsend; 03-08-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

I see. I just want to know which ones can be done offline and which ones must be connected to the network. So I'm trying to find people who have the consult or dbr, etc. To see which ones need to have subscriptions and which ones don't.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I see. I just want to know which ones can be done offline and which ones must be connected to the network. So I'm trying to find people who have the consult or dbr, etc. To see which ones need to have subscriptions and which ones don't.
            03-08-2015 07:16 PM
            Any Blank module programming requires a purchase of a subscription To go online and download the latest files for the specific application. If files were available offline on software CD's or DVD's , after the expiration date, you would be prompted to install the new software CD's or DVD's to upgrade the Diagnostic System and likely not be allowed to do any further module programming.Older cars with basic coding and immobilizer and keyless remotes it would likely not be an issue.

Used PCM installation and necessary coding is possible on some older Honda Models with a DS708, But I myself wouldn't attempt it unless I was parked in a Honda Dealer lot with an hour and a half worth of shop labor cash in my pocket , and a back up ride before I'ld take a stab at it ,LMAO
            Last edited by Witsend; 03-10-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• jbakers1
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
              I just had a 08 infinity G35 come through the shop with a total CAN system failure due the body shop welding on the vehicle.10 out of the 11 module on the can system was bad. Tcm was the only module that survived the melt down. only module that needed programmed with consult 3 was the ecm. From my research only the ecm and tcm requires programming on this one.
              jbakers1, Yakima Wa
              I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Comment

Working...