X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Reprogramming a Used Ford BCM

Good Day

I have a 2013 F150 with a BCM failure. The output voltage to all the switch monitor circuits is very low, (around 1.0 volt) when it should be over 10 volts. Hazard lights are on for no reason, low brake fluid message on dash, Park brake warning on, power locks don't work from the door switches and the interior lights do not come on opening any door. After extensive testing I called the BCM. Obtained a used one and plugged it in. All the above problems are corrected so I tried to program it to the truck. Reinstalled the original and copied programming from it using IDS and VCM2. Installed the used one and flashed it. Erased the keys and programmed using the PATs functions in IDS, Did a module Parameter Reset and the truck starts and runs fine. Did a TPMS sensor relearn and that message is gone. Now I have a new problem where the heater controls do not work, There is no control over the heater fan speed, modes and cannot turn it off. Everything else works fine. Have a network fault code in the HVAC for loss of communication with the BCM and a U-code in the Accessory Protocol Interface Module for loss of com with the cluster. If I reinstall the original BCM the other problems return but the heater works fine and no network codes.

I tried a second used BCM and got the exact same results. Even tried to flash the BCM with as built data, still no luck.

Anybody have experience reprogramming a used Ford BCM in this vintage truck?

Thanks in advance.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Might try doing the "As Built" option for the BCM.
    S. Breland

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Success

I tried As Built but that didn't work.

I had asked the dealer if a 2014 BCM was the same as a 2013 and they said yes but on further checking via VIN numbers turns out the 13 had an early and late build design. Part number of early build is DL3Z-15604A and late build as well as 2014 is DL3Z-15604B. You cannot go by the sticker part number on the unit, that is not relevant. Found a 13 that made use of the same part number and that worked. Was able to program to the truck, perform Pats relearn and TPMS relearn using IDS. Someone asked if it shouldn't be under warranty since the dealer just changed it but they said no due to the damaged windshield and water entry. I found no evidence of water in the BCM and the connections were pristine. The carpet was wet though. Here is a link to a video I made on this job if interested: https://youtu.be/sPbHPzi1Uzw

Comment

Working...