Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

2010 silverado security relearn failure

Customer hauled truck into shop. He originally thought key cylinder was bad. Tried to change it himself and destroyed the column. Replaced column with a salvage piece and of course it wouldnt crank. The first thing I noticed was that the theft module was broken. Replaced theft module with new GM and programmed with SPS. Cut new GM key. Relearned VTD. Truck still wont crank. Have tried manual relearn, SPS relearn, Xtool relearn. Theft light will never go out no matter the procedure. Reprogrammed the BCM and ECM. Have disconnected the battery. All power mode pids are correct. No codes in TDM or BCM. Only code in ECM is P0633 but my understanding is it will be there until it sees RPM. ECM data shows crank request. Starter will engage with scan tool. Tried known good ECM same result. Tried known good ignition switch same result. My best clue is theft light remains on after the 10 to 12 minutes and never goes off. Any thoughts? Hate to hear about Crusty. I always thought he was one to pay attention to on here.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

On the Techline Terminal, go to V.T.D. Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn from the controller list and select Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn, ECM or PK3 Replaced. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    At this point the scan tool must remain connected for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.
    Note:
    The Techline Terminal will initially display 12 Minutes. The first 2 minutes allow the scan tool to initialize the appropriate control module. The remaining 10 minutes is the relearn timer.
    On some vehicles the security indicator may be illuminated for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.
    Turn the key to the RUN position. Observe the scan tool, after approximately 12 minutes the scan tool will display “Programming Successful, Turn OFF Ignition”. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the key information and/or the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN, repeat the process for each additional key.
    Turn OFF the ignition and wait 2 minutes.
    With a master vehicle key, turn the ignition to the RUN position for 15 seconds, then start the vehicle. The TDM and ECM have now relearned the pre-release password and the challenge/response data.
    With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.
    If you have followed all the steps correctly,the only other thing that I could suggest is to make sure that you have 2 keys to program.I have never tried to program a TDM on this particular model/year vehicle with only one key.

Comment

Working...