Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xtremeauto88
    • Feb 2011

Cost

i am new to the reflashing of the computer, what kind of dollars are being charged to update the computers, we have no dealerships in the area, so i am not sure what to charge, i know that all subscriptions are different price, but maybe someone can help me with some labor prices, thanks, i am in north carolina, our labor rate is 62 dollars an hour
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by xtremeauto88
    i am new to the reflashing of the computer, what kind of dollars are being charged to update the computers, we have no dealerships in the area, so i am not sure what to charge, i know that all subscriptions are different price, but maybe someone can help me with some labor prices, thanks, i am in north carolina, our labor rate is 62 dollars an hour
    Xtremeauto
    Welcome to the forums
    In your infomation system time guide there should be a labor rate for computer reprogramming. I am in New York, my shops labor rate is $93.50 an hour. To other shops we charge $100.00 for a straight forward reflash, $125.00 to our regular customers. If it is a more complex reflash where modules must be disconnected or other work done along with the reflash it's price increases with the amount of work needed. It can also vary a little depending on what the subcription costs us.

Steve

Comment

• xtremeauto88
      • Feb 2011

thanks for the help, i know that all will vary and it depends on how i purchase the updates, i have done one cadillace, and i charged about 160 dollars to reprogram a pcm, i think that was fair

Comment

• eddiesverus
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by xtremeauto88
        I figure in labor cost time and then add the subscription fee of the manufacture. for example, 1 hr at $95 plus $26.95 subscription fee for Ford plus tax would be about $130 price would vary depending on manufacture. I try to line up to get two or more a day, that way I only pay one time for the subscription and get as many cars flashed as I can. but some makers like Nissan require you to purchase a calibration file for each vehicle. so price always varies. On Hi end cars like Cadillac, BMW, MB etc. I charge 2 hrs plus fees. Also Like Gm the cost is hi and I purchase a yearly subscription, I do many GM in my area because GM dealers closing down. So I just figure in how many GM's I re-flash a year and then divide it to to cost. like I said it will vary depending on your area your in and how many vehicles need this service. One more important thing is to find out how much a Dealer is charging, you'll be surprised to find out they sometime charge less, then it would make more sense to sublet to the dealer rather than doing it yourself if the dealers are locally. do research before jumping in to this type of services. Also Very important is to have a low AC ripple charger or battery maintainer when re-flashing..Good luck..
        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• xtremeauto88
          • Feb 2011

thanks for the help, i did purchase the battery charger from snapon also, just gotta get more into it, but i have enjoyed doing it so far

Comment

Working...