Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

astra gte OBD fault code read

Now dont laugh, asked to see if i could read a OLD 1989 'G' plate astra, eml light on, went along, used the OBD vaux plug into the 10 pin adl at the ns strut top.... yeah i know SO dont go that far back ? thought i'd give it a go, so to the auto data book..... not listed .

So using 1 of the other 10 pin diagrams for flash code reading ..... didnt work either (2 pins next to each other, A & B)

Dont spose any one knows of flash code reading for the older motors ? been scanning the net and vaux forums for help, no joy yet.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

I know such a person who would probably have all that old stuff lying around lol , what do they call you when you never throw anything away?

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by David Green
      what do they call you when you never throw anything away?

answer : SENSIBLE
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

i have an old Haynes PFCR that i used to use on these still at work.lol..it will be a bit dusty now though

Comment

• andybaz
          • Apr 2009

Hi mark, will have to catch up with the guy again, he hasnt got back to me yet to say he sorted .... been thinking, if the flash code dont work there may be an issue is wiring etc.

Current project working on is a BM with brake lights that come on their own an radio goes off for a lenght of time, then when radio comes back on brake lights go off, got some info discs coming from *bay, you know what us dealers are like, BM said bring it in for us to look at, but as the fault is that intermittent, cant reproduce etc, makes me think wiring/component, back to head scratching
          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
            • Apr 2011

worth a check of the lights at the rear for incorrect bulbs/failing bulb as this can do weird things to the newer models,sometimes they fit afetrmarket l.e.d bulb types which cause odd problems aswell..try the scanner on it for faults and do actuation tests on lights if its available. too many systems on new vehicles now can cause faults with each others modules...bloody nightmare.lol

Comment

Working...