Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

toyota hilux 2002 2.5 d4d - abs

Morning all, off to reread a HILUX 2.5 d4d.
    Machine s'pro with 10.4 s/w, option ABS
    Connector DL16 & key 44 ok upto know BUT I KNOW this WRONG.
    Will clarify when i get back, because this vehicle has 2 diag plugs, will report back if this machine will connect with this vehicle.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Ok, attached are the screen shots, you can NOT read ABS via this system.

You can NOT read it using the the S'Pro or any other S.O diag machine,unless 11.2 s/w has been corrected ? which i doubt. Another let down .

Another failure form to send to SO UK
    Attached Files
    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• David Green
      • Oct 2009

I agree Andy there is a problem present, but at the moment you have not established that the Snap On Equipment is the fault?

Any tool is only an extention to make the job easier, but one must look at the problem from the other side if the equipment fails to read, and only then when it is proven that the vehicle is functioning normally, if the equipment does not read the signals, then and only then can you condem the equipment.

The operator always blaims the tools , but the tool was not used by the manufacturer when the systems were designed , so back to the drawing board then

David

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Hi David, i got lost after the 1st couple words ,i understand where you are coming from though , even the toyota kit cant read the abs at the DL plug as its not fitted, just like the BM's which run 2 diag plugs, this 1 falls into the same catorgary.
        So i tried using the adapters with power/earth leads and no joy, revert to flash code reading, well the fail report has been sent, more for their info to show the error.
        Thinks to myself, im supply good info to SO UK but i have to pay to have it corrected i thought CORK sourced the info from TOYOTA or does it come from other sources

See what feed back comes back
        i did sign the form toyota techy they pay my wages
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
          • Apr 2009

Not sure whats happning on this 1 , requested acknowledgement from SO UK on this, but as you can guess ........

To read this model, the abs circuit is located in the diag plug under the bonnet, unfortunatly you can not read the abs circuit using the toy adap either, it has to be flash code read, which is how we do it at work in the dealership, we can read the engine ecu from the dl plug at the dash but NOT the abs.
          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Update: still NO REPLY from the SO GROUP ON THIS TOPIC
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by andybaz
              Update: still NO REPLY from the SO GROUP ON THIS TOPIC

Well as you may have all guessed, coming to end of november now and i requested an acknowledgement from SO UK on this topic, think this sums up their CUSTOMER relations, sorry, did i forget to say 'not had a reply' ?
              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...