X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Vantage Pro and SIA 3000 ignition attachment

Hi,

Just wondering if the SIA 3000 secondary ignition scope attachment would work with the Vantage Pro.

Thanks

David
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Re SIA 3000 ignition adapter

I'm not sure if the 3000 would but I see the 2000 is listed under Vantage Pro Accessories link on Snap On Site.

Comment

• David Green
      • Oct 2009

Thanks for the link , I have seen that previously but was offered the 3000 version very cheaply. Looking at the 3000 version not even the online manual refers to what I have. There are some inputs for coil primary, battery feed and two auxiliaries, then there are the four channel outputs with two grounds, then on top of the unit where the hook is there is another plug connector that is square in shape (not USB) and I don't know what that is for?

I could work out how to power up the SIA 3000 but the four channels must go to a PC or something before connection to the vehicle otherwise the inputs to the SIA 3000 are meaningless as you can't see them?

Something very odd about this kit?

Comment

• dlm1
        • Jul 2014

Mr. Green,
        I use a custom made box(old Sun electric piece similar to what you have) for various car lines, it allows me to gather up to 8 individual signals and display them on one channel.It also has usb support for pressure transducers and other stuff you may want to power up off a 5 volt ref..like factory evap/map etc sensors and transducers, But does help on those head scratchers and Tool inadequacies. I use several other modified probes from Sun Electric Machines I have owned in the past also. Just be aware of the voltage kicks in some components we test.Scales may be out of order, but good patterns to evaluate if you read between the lines
        Play time and common sense will keep you wallet fatter..

Will not allow me to post a pic..

Good Luck with you Adventure !

Comment

• David Green
          • Oct 2009

Thanks for your reply's

Comment

Working...