Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BRIAN617
    • Dec 2016

Verus edge 17.4/suretrack

Can the SureTrack feature be turned off completely?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Turn off the WiFi on the tool.

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

Ahhhhhh, thanks Steve!

Comment

• BRIAN617
        • Dec 2016

Steve, after disabling Wifi SureTrack still tries to open.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Steve, after disabling Wifi SureTrack still tries to open.
          You might actually need to go into Windows Start Menu and uncheck the program from opening on startup.
          I thought the reason folk pay the big bucks for Snap On was to have Sure Trak guided diagnostics at your finger tips.
          @*tel Maxi Cyst offers what is called Maxi Fix for former Sure Trak Junkies but it's more similar to Methadone for IATN Help requester s.

Comment

• BRIAN617
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
            I thought the reason folk pay the big bucks for Snap On was to have Sure Trak guided diagnostics at your finger tips.
            I'm not a flat rate guy, I make a salary and at the end of the day I want to learn something. I try really hard not to use swaptronics for diagnostics. Its kind of like reading the procedures in ShopKey every time you have a circuit error code, they are redundant and after 10 of them all you need is a wiring diagram not 6 pages of step by step hand holding lol.

Comment

• Tech_A
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by BRIAN617
              I'm not a flat rate guy, I make a salary and at the end of the day I want to learn something. I try really hard not to use swaptronics for diagnostics. Its kind of like reading the procedures in ShopKey every time you have a circuit error code, they are redundant and after 10 of them all you need is a wiring diagram not 6 pages of step by step hand holding lol.
              Understood, there are other features such as Guided Component Tests, which offer component operation, connector views, pin outs, tips, and sample waveforms. I find this highly useful when determining reference voltages, prior to referencing a wiring diagram for circuit faults.

SureTrack Real Fixes, can be a bit redundant for the upper echelon, but i would rather read the procedures there than have to sort through wary troubleshooting eg Ford or European info.

Related Tips / Troubleshooter offers additional info with some selected PID's to assist in the diagnosis.

Comment

• BRIAN617
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Tech_A
                SureTrack Real Fixes, can be a bit redundant for the upper echelon

Not exactly the upper echelon...

The thing that annoys me about it is that its on the very top of the codes screen and with out WIFI in the shop its just taking up space. Maybe it should be at the bottom of the screen? Or a quick link to the side of each code like the freeze frame icon?

Comment

• BRIAN617
                  • Dec 2016

Maybe I'm a little different then the average shop. A lot of the work I get is from the average shop who has already thrown parts at it and cant fix it. So a list of the most common fixes isn't really doing me any good. Not saying I don't use the internet for hints to really crazy problems, but its seems I never get run of the mill repair work.

Comment

• GypsyR
                    • Jul 2017

I wasn't dealing with this when this thread started but after an update a while back, I'm getting the idea. I was looking forward to having Suretrack, now it's pretty much just in my way too. It's all about giving a ton of info that's basically "Well, duh. Everybody knows that." Then when you get something unusual you might could use a hint with, the database is empty. Great. For some reason the phrase "teats on a boar hog" popped into my head. No idea why.
                    Yep, disabling it or at least being able to move it all off my screen to somewhere off to the side would be nice. So that every once in a while I could look in on it and say : "Yep, no help there".

OK, it's not totally useless might have saved me a minute here and there looking stuff up further on Alldata and such. Once or twice.

Comment

Working...