Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

VW beetle new shape solus pro 10.4 - key coding

Hi,been asked a questions, have had to reply, may be, dont know.

Does any one know if it is possible to resyn or code ignition keys to the new shape vw beetle ?

Cheers andy
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

what year is it on Andy? some later v.w's need to be taken to dealer for this to be done as it is a download .
    have a look on http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html.
    this list procedures/modules on the car which can be adjusted, may apply to youre car?
    you will need to use expert mode as you will need to enter block code numbers to access the functions you need to perform as the v.w program doesnt support the usual text descriptions we see on other manufacturers( unless snap on have managed to reverse engineer thier program to do this but i doubt it ).
    another problem which you may hit is if snap on have decided to disable this particular block code for the key programming function...a bit naughty if they have,have a plug in and see.
    the description on the ross tech site applies to all tools which talk to the v.w range( except bosch) as this is generic from the dealer tool and carries across to all tool platforms.

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Cheers for your views mark, looks like a no job then i think, was planning on buying a gen vw key £140 and coding to beetle myself, do not feel competent on to use expert mode with the solus pro as im not a vw techy, the last thinig i want to do is bugger the system all together, as the lady only has 1 key for her car.

I understand the service schedule day plan is in expert mode aswell according to a snap on email, but again, as i not competent enough to know what im doing (lack of SNAP ON assistance an question asking), again stay away from this.

An to think, 9 years todate with toyota, 6 years with citreon.

A question that always in back of my head, after buying the solus pro is how do you teach yourself how to use the fancy extra's on there, as you can probably guess, i aint getting it from SO UK.
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

not sure about the service schedule plan on the snappy..have a look in the instrument cluster program ( 17 ) and it may be listed in the special functions to reset it..
        a lot of the scantools out there are the same when it comes to using them with regards as to each of its functions..they are briefly covered in a manual or on a days training ( if any ),much of the time its a matter of just plugging it in and having a go and believe me ive used many and they aint perfect .
        this can be said for the dealer tools also.
        i am too currently looking into a similar tool for the vw keys and extras it covers ( hushhush..dont want to say any names as some on here may take offence as other forums do )..very reasonably priced now as the last time i seen it,it was nearly twice the price but much simpler to use.

Comment

• andybaz
          • Apr 2009

my tool is for use outside of work, you know the leisure side to pay bills .... so when it goes wrong ... opppss, i do try when working saturadys to plug into cars at work and experiment, as i get no help from SO UK at present.

i may get to plug into the vw over the weekend and have a brouse.

i have no probs mentioning scanners, looking to buy another machine, priced at above £3k bracket, again for personal use and not my employer, but as SO aint answering emails and help requests, why should i spend it with them.

I have found another company with a machine with greater coverage than SO and i like that they run training courses, on rigs and not just sat in a class room, upgrades appear to be cheaper and if i remember rightly, 3-4 time a year upgrade, no keys required with the machine, comes with obd adapters, and the beauty is, i have a rep on my door step
          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

requarding the VW service schedule reset for oil light and day sequence, i have a copy of this, not had to use it yet, came from SO after i asked.

I thought i bought the s/w for my machine, signed up paid my subs and got the download, paid for the extra keys aswell as required, but did i get what the sales brochure was hyping up, software content, i wonder, SO wont answer, well not to date any way, 2.5 yrs on.
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
              • Apr 2009

UPDATE:
              Apply from Mr.M.R from SO group confirms that the SO equipment can not recode keys in the VW range.

Thank you Mr.M.R
              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                • Apr 2011

you can through expert mode if you know the security code and block channel numbers to enter..every other tool with the v.w format can do it unless snapon omitted it from their software.
                the latest vw range needs dealer support/download to do it as we know but the older ones are ok..me thinks hes telling porkies or doesnt know his software as he should.
                the ross tech site i put you onto will guide you andy but still need the access code from the instrument cluster.

Comment

• andybaz
                  • Apr 2009

Hi mark, the link is probably there like you say, i emxpecting the replies i get back which are very few an far between to negative due to complaining about not getting answers to my concerns if you get my drift, ie: im classed as a nusaince SO customer, so SO wont reply to emails, or simply reply, cant do etc etc.
                  Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...