Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Snap-on VW Readiness Code Charts

Does anyone know if there are any new Readiness procedures for setting readiness monitors? The latest Snap-on .pdf is from Feb 2009 and doesn't cover anything newer than 2003. Usually you can use the Snap-on chart and scanner to set these monitors ready in the service bay.

I have VCDS installed on my Verus and it usually guides you through Readiness, but in this case "set readiness" is not available.

I have a 2006 Jetta 2.0 that needs either AIR or O2 ready to pass OBD2 testing, lots of driving has had no effect on these 2 monitors. All other supported monitors went ready fairly quickly.

Thanks, Bob
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

VW readiness update

Hi Friends,

I got a couple of private e-mails on this subject all suggesting using a combination of tests on similar VW cars.

I ended up using the VCDS scanner installed on my Verus and set the O2 monitor to ready. Interestingly, I was able to run the AIR Pump monitor (Group 77) several times and watch the O2 sensors react, but the AIR monitor never did go ready.

I called Ross Tech and the Tech line guy gave me some basic settings tests to use. He also said he knew about the air pump monitor issue but cannot explain it. Since the Snap-on charts are badly out of date, this was valuable information. In most cases VCDS has a built in "Set Readiness" function in the lower left corner of the readiness screen. In this case it was grayed out, prompting my phone call to Ross Tech.

Also I was mailed this link: http:www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/index.html

Anyhow, I realize now I shouldn't have posted this issue here as this is for "Europeon users". Sorry.

By the way, it is spelled European !

Thanks, Bob
    Last edited by Bob's Garage; 09-06-2010, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
      Hi Friends,

Anyhow, I realize now I shouldn't have posted this issue here as this is for "Europeon users". Sorry.

By the way, it is spelled European !

Thanks, Bob
      LOL!!!! this post is nearly a year old and the spelling still has not been fixed!

Comment

• Bob's Garage
        • Nov 2007

Euro-pee-on

Yeah,

Looks like noone "owns" this forum. But the one thing I have noticed with the forums, change comes slowly, if at all, unless ordered by management.

Bob

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

European! no longer pe-on!

Originally posted by crackerclicker
          LOL!!!! this post is nearly a year old and the spelling still has not been fixed!
          It's Fixed! "European".

Now, if they can just update the readiness procedures!

Bob

Comment

• michal
            • Jan 2012

Re:

Really amazing post.Keep it up.!

Comment

• Bob's Garage
              • Nov 2007

"Really amazing post.Keep it up.!"

Amazing? What is amazing? The lack of interest? Or the lack of participation by members?

Or the fact that noone cares that the VW readiness procedures have not been updated?

Thanks for your participation in this thread.

Comment

• transporter
                • Jun 2012

I'm finding it quite disappointing that the SO users don't use their scanners on the VAG vehicles. It's really showing that the VCDS rules.
                I guess, I don't have to bother with getting the euro software package for the VAG cars.

Comment

Working...