Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cavalry
    • Oct 2018

Vantage Pro Not Starting

I recently acquired a VP that didn't have a power cable included. The tool itself is super clean looking no scratches or signs of wear, leads don't look like they have ever been unwrapped. I got a discharged battery and a charger without the power adapter along with it.
    First problem-I used the charger from my Solus Ultra on the VP as it is within range listed on the label, and it wont power up.
    Second problem- I knew the solus power adapter wasn't likely to work in the charger because of voltage differences and was not let down, it only gave me railroad lights on the charger with no battery installed, I found a 14.5v adapter and it would not charge the battery, just a steady green light. I assumed the battery was too dead and manually charged it off a power supply just for for proof of function. The battery is holding a good enough charge at this point.

So....I have a VP that does nothing on battery or AC power adapter. No lights, beeps, screen, etc. Card is in CP1, Rear fuse is good, internal fuse is good. Everything inside looks seated properly, no visible bad components or joints.
    Any troubleshooting tips? Does anyone do repairs on these other than SO? For the price of the level 3 or whatever its called I can get a used working with likely a newer update so I am not really interested in that route.
Working...