Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sigma.40
    • Feb 2017

Anyone have Snap On's Thermal Imager?

Today my Snap On guy let me "test drive" the Diagnostic Thermal Imager for the next week. As much fun as I've had pretending to be the Predator, I'm not sure it is as useful as a diagnostic tool as I originally thought.

Just curious what other people think of it...
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Here is just one post on YouTube, there are many more

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

As a Bottom Feeder I really appreciated the Scottie Kilmer one. Search How to see and fix electrical shorts.
      Last edited by Witsend; 02-15-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• ralleman
        • Sep 2016

I have the FLIROne and I find it really useful for finding battery drains for example.
        2003 Chevrolet Express 6.0 running on
        propane , would kill a battery in 2 or 3 days. It had about
        a 0.08A draw. Picture shows dashboard with propane/gasoline
        selection switch.

Second one is an aftermarket alarm module (hanging
        underneath dash) with a 0.01A draw. About 2 degree Celsius
        temp difference.

Rik

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

My guess is within 2 years it gonna be an attachment to a CentCheck $99.99 Port Freight Sewer Camera Kit , but it will still be cheaper to just run an attachment and App off a Android smart phone.( Pervs all will have high tech shoe tip cameras walking behind hot gals in short skirts and within 2 years gals be covered up)
          Last edited by Witsend; 02-16-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• wagzilla
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Sigma.40
            Today my Snap On guy let me "test drive" the Diagnostic Thermal Imager for the next week. As much fun as I've had pretending to be the Predator, I'm not sure it is as useful as a diagnostic tool as I originally thought.

Just curious what other people think of it...
            I like it I use it for a/c work, you can see blend door problems, heater hose shut off valves, leaking see the air vents, heated seats and cool seats, nice on checking brakes, quick and fast,

James

Comment

• Dashinoku
              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by wagzilla
              I like it I use it for a/c work, you can see blend door problems, heater hose shut off valves, leaking see the air vents, heated seats and cool seats, nice on checking brakes, quick and fast,

James
              That and diagnosing misfires with obd1 systems using combustion heat

Comment

• jerald
                • Mar 2021

I have the eeth310 and I too am not sure about the usefulness of it . Great toy at first but after a couple wheelbearings diagnosed and a blend door it just isn't used as much as I thought it would be ... have a solid edge eesc320 that I broke the SD card too and got much more use out of it .. Can't find out how to get another card but if anyone could enlighten me I would be willing to trade the images for said card

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

If you broke the SD card on your Solus Edge, you can purchase an SD update for it and it comes on a new card. Be careful with that thing. It won't operate without the SD card.
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• ephratah service center
                    • Oct 2007

I have the thermal imager and find it useful for various things have used in the past to find circuit hot spots due to a bad connector from a battery cable being left loose on a fuse box causing car to randomly quit.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• frank b
                      • Sep 2020

i think a laser hand heald thermometer works just as good for about 30 dollars look at the money you save

Comment

Working...