X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syhung
    • Sep 2017

MT2400 Screen Not Working

Hello,

I am at a lost. I have a Snap On MT2400 Vantage that is rarely used, and recently I tried to turn it on and the screen wouldn't turn on at all. Thus, I took the thing apart to look inside and checked all the connections, everything looks good and it even has power going through it as well. Had a friend looked at it as well and he says everything is how it should be operating normally, yet the screen still doesn't turn on. Could it be a bad memory card? Any ideas fellow snap on owners? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by Syhung; 09-05-2017, 05:47 PM. Reason: Thinking.
  • ASE_LEO
    • Nov 2017

Vantage Screen Problems

This is a common problem...which, unfortunately, is not easily solved. If memory serves my right, the screen has a bunch of contacts around the periphery. These correspond to a row or column of pixels on the screen. What seemed to have been the problem on mine was that the paper Snap-On used to insure a firm connection between the screen contacts and the mount must have become compressed with time. I could get the screen to come on by squeezing the mounting frame around the screen, but it was very unreliable.

A friend, who is a computer/radio guru, worked on it several times. He got it to work "acceptably", but it still had several dead rows. He never got it to work 100%. Then I heard about a guy (from the internet) who was "supposedly" repairing these things. I sent it to him...and never saw it again. Seems parts for the MT2400 are a hot commodity and they have an internet market much like stripped car parts.

My advice: move on. You can find plenty of Pro's on eBay and Craigslist. Yes, they are no longer updated buy Snap On, but they are very useful and serviceable. Personally, I don't think I've used the model-specific features of mine often enough to justify the $450 update fees. But, I've been the entire route, from the original Vantage to my current Ultra and I can't imagine working on cars without one. Just retire the old girl (or see if someone will buy it for parts on eBay) and get yourself a good Pro. If the one I had was any indication, you should get many years of use out of it. Mine gave me eight years of reliable use before my dealer gave me a deal on a used Ultra, which I could not refuse.

Best of luck,
    LEO

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

My advice: move on. You can find plenty of Pro's on eBay and Craigslist. Yes, they are no longer updated buy Snap On, but they are very useful and serviceable. Personally, I don't think I've used the model-specific features of mine often enough to justify the $450 update fees.
      I think the Vantage Pro software can still be updated at the time of this post according to what I see on the web site.

Comment

Working...