Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mttphotos
    • Jan 2022

Files not opening.

Help please, can't get ShopStream Connect and Shop File Viewer to open the LSM and MMM files from my Vantage Pro. When I click on one of the files through ShopStream Connect or on the file itself off the CF card or PC, a box pops up saying opening file please wait. After that an icon appears in my taskbar and when I place my cursor over the icon a small box pops up showing the file number and an empty black box. Click on the box or icon and the box goes away. Was working one day and the next day it wasn't. I'm not reading the file off from the Vantage Pro, but from the card through a card reader or what has been downloaded off the card to my PC. O/S Windows 10.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mttphotos
    Help please, can't get ShopStream Connect and Shop File Viewer to open the LSM and MMM files from my Vantage Pro. When I click on one of the files through ShopStream Connect or on the file itself off the CF card or PC, a box pops up saying opening file please wait. After that an icon appears in my taskbar and when I place my cursor over the icon a small box pops up showing the file number and an empty black box. Click on the box or icon and the box goes away. Was working one day and the next day it wasn't. I'm not reading the file off from the Vantage Pro, but from the card through a card reader or what has been downloaded off the card to my PC. O/S Windows 10.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    The scope file viewer window is open but likely displayed at coordinates that put it off your screen so you can't see it. Its usually easy to solve.
    Check these threads for info:
    This forum is intended for discussions about Snap-on Diagnostic's Free software. ShopStream Connect

Comment

• Mttphotos
      • Jan 2022

So are you saying if I had another screen attached to my laptop I would have seen the file? The links lead me in the right direction. Here's what I did, I left-click the icon in the taskbar then right-click in the center of the blank box, clicked maximize and boom there it was. Now it's back to normal. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mttphotos
        So are you saying if I had another screen attached to my laptop I would have seen the file?
        No, you probably still would not have seen the window if you had another screen connected. When this happens, the window won't be visible on any of them so you have to do something to bring it back into view. Think of it as being placed somewhere around your display but not on it.

Comment

• Mttphotos
          • Jan 2022

Got it, but I didn't think that was possible. I have two O/S 10 installed on my laptop and since I couldn't get it to open on one I installed the program on the second O/S, and it worked perfectly. The next day it didn't? I did something twice to make the files not open, no idea what? But working perfectly now, so I'm back to being a happy camper

Comment

Working...