Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

2009 Dodge Stationary DeSoot

I'm on the struggle bus with this one. I've got a 09 cummins that my Verus Edge will not force into a stationary De-Soot. All the criteria are met including no DTC's. Is there a special menu navigation procedure I'm missing?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

I think that you need code P1451 to set before you can perform a manual (stationary) desoot.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

Maybe this is a similar issue to what I had on a 16 ram 2500 with a cummings. https://productforum.autorepairdata....&postcount=212

Been trying to reply for a few days but the site wouldnt let me.

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Thank you. I will post results shortly.

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

I've tried all combos of park brake applied, engine coolant temp elevated with throttle, hood open, etc. I think Bob is right with the P1451. P.S. Snap-on Kid, this rig I'm working on is an '09 and it doesn't have a catalyst efficiency test option. Just stationary de-soot.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Matt
            I've tried all combos of park brake applied, engine coolant temp elevated with throttle, hood open, etc. I think Bob is right with the P1451. P.S. Snap-on Kid, this rig I'm working on is an '09 and it doesn't have a catalyst efficiency test option. Just stationary de-soot.
            Well you never know unless you try.

Either way it wouldnt do the staionary de-soot until it reached the elevated Temp on that model. There was nothing on the tool incicating what was needed to make the test run. The model alos didnt have a traditonal temp gauge. I had to scrool through a menu in the midle of the cluster to get it. I don't recall if the test timed out or if I gave up after 10 minutes while trying to figure out what was wrong.

Unfortunately Snap On went away from trouble shooter on newer vehicles which used to be a valuble part of why you purchase the tool and the updates They want you to purchase acess to there Sure trak or Shopkey Pro which also requires internet connection for the tool.

Which by the way I dont recomend a De-soot inside the shop or near other vehicles for obvious reasons. So make sure you brodcast the secure WIFI signal far enough If you have to rely on those services...

Comment

• Matt
              • Dec 2008

Thank you for all the great info SnapOnKid and Bob. I ended up sending this rig out with some blue point EEDF400-INJ diesel fuel fuel additive and the instructions to the customer if the message comes up in the DIC that the engine is attempting to regen continue driving until it completes. Other than that I am going to mark this up to a learning experience. I agree with SnapOnKid about being disappointed with mandatory internet access in order to utilize all the features on new SO diagnostics platforms.

Comment

Working...