Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rnutini
    • Oct 2007

Foward Camera Learn GM Apollo D8

Trying to do Forward Camera Learn on late model GM products with my Apollo D8 what procedure does not seem to work. I feel like I am missing a step or something but not sure. I have the latest software.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

When asking for help for a procedure please include Year, Make, Model, Engine size and VIN. Procedures can change year to year or even model to model. Also stating the exact problem you are having and Screenshots of where the test fails would be very helpful

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by rnutini
      Trying to do Forward Camera Learn on late model GM products with my Apollo D8 what procedure does not seem to work. I feel like I am missing a step or something but not sure. I have the latest software.
      They can require a good bit of driving. Make sure you follow the correct procedure for your particular vehicle. As Steve mentioned, give us some detailed info if you want a detailed answer.
      Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• rnutini
        • Oct 2007

Forward Camera

Sorry for the lack of detail. I was thinking I was missing a major issue that all the ones I tried did not work. I guess I could be accused of looking for a silver bullet step so to speak.

I had success yesterday with a 2018 Cadillac XT5 1GYKNDRS3JZ241483. It went through as expected.

The previous vehicles that did not work for me were 2017 Sierra 1500 3GTU2NEC3HG373455, and a 2020 Silverado 3500 1GC4YUEY8LF341857.

In both cases the tool connected to the front camera module and could read codes. When entering the Learn mode the scanner went straight to the report page that said completed. When I clicked back out of the report it said something about not meeting some criteria. Sorry I do not have details. I was expecting the Cadillac would give me a chance to detail a failed procedure and instead it worked.

In both cases the trucks did not turn on the orange lane keep assist light that is supposed to indicate learning was started. I gave up quickly and used GDS to do the job. If I get a chance to do another GM truck I will try and detail the steps and what I see better.

Comment

Working...