What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

I made some changes to the list and added How I would like see them Implamented by priority. Let me know what you guys think and If you would like to see something specific.

For instance Eddieverus You seem very familiar with the scanner software and you probally Know alot more about what is and is not covered when it comes to Evap Testing support.

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

Ability to program keys like the pats ford systems would be helpfull.BCM and SDM setup on latemodel GM's when doing airbag repairs and replacing bcm's. I have the tech2 to do them and many don't require going online for a flash just a simple setup procedure. Unlocking radios on gm's as well.

Comment

• eddiesverus
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
        I made some changes to the list and added How I would like see them Implamented by priority. Let me know what you guys think and If you would like to see something specific.

For instance Eddieverus You seem very familiar with the scanner software and you probally Know alot more about what is and is not covered when it comes to Evap Testing support.
        Well So far Evap Testing seems to be pretty good with SnapOn tools. So far its the the only one with Ford Evap test and cold soak bypass test. On GM it runs service bay test on most models that support it and on those it does not I've found that even the Tech2 wont run. Chrysler's offer a LDP test as well and It also has good Import coverage for Honda, Toyota and Nissan with a good coverage of bidirectional testing. Maybe needs more support on others like most Euros and none common Asian like Subaru, Isuzu, Kia, Ect. I think that we are ok with EVAP for now and if we need more Lets make a list of what we need and post it.
        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• eddiesverus
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by badcoupe
          Ability to program keys like the pats ford systems would be helpfull.BCM and SDM setup on latemodel GM's when doing airbag repairs and replacing bcm's. I have the tech2 to do them and many don't require going online for a flash just a simple setup procedure. Unlocking radios on gm's as well.
          As for PATS and GM Passlock system that's another ball game that is included in the pass-through Flash programing systems. But yes for SDM and BCM setting up these modules can only be done with the Tech2. I agree that it should be added to current the software and BPS Brake Pedal position relearning should also be added for newer GMs and CAN systems that use a BPS.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by eddiesverus
            Well So far Evap Testing seems to be pretty good with SnapOn tools. So far its the the only one with Ford Evap test and cold soak bypass test. On GM it runs service bay test on most models that support it and on those it does not I've found that even the Tech2 wont run. Chrysler's offer a LDP test as well and It also has good Import coverage for Honda, Toyota and Nissan with a good coverage of bidirectional testing. Maybe needs more support on others like most Euros and none common Asian like Subaru, Isuzu, Kia, Ect. I think that we are ok with EVAP for now and if we need more Lets make a list of what we need and post it.
            I had a 98 prelude, 98 Acura integra, 99 civic, 2000 accord. Didn't seem to support any of those... of course I was using the Solus pro but 10.4 software should be the same. Had to use the MTS3100 for bi-derectional control.

Had a friend bring me an 07 Duramax tonight 6.6 LMM. He wanted me to reset the regen and DPF functions... He claims its dumping to much fuel and already had the calibration updated at the dealer. Broke out the verus but no bidrectionl support. I don't have my tech 2 at the moment but I was able to use my EFI Live which has bi-directional support on it to verify proper function before clearing and reseting the ECM Monitors.

Comment

• kebo1970
              • Nov 2008

i worked on a 2007 chrysler pt cruiser today and went to pull codes from the codes overview and saw the ALL MODULES STATUS. eddie has mentioned this on several threads; it sure makes it convenient when checking codes. from now on i'll be looking for this feature on every car i scan. i hope snap on is listening; STOP ADDING MORE BRANDS to the scanner, ADD MORE FUNCTIONS to the brands we have already. LIVE CYLINDER CONTRIBUTION TESTS for toyota, nissan, honda, all fords and chrysler(the one for chrysler rarely works).

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kebo1970
                i worked on a 2007 chrysler pt cruiser today and went to pull codes from the codes overview and saw the ALL MODULES STATUS. eddie has mentioned this on several threads; it sure makes it convenient when checking codes. from now on i'll be looking for this feature on every car i scan. i hope snap on is listening; STOP ADDING MORE BRANDS to the scanner, ADD MORE FUNCTIONS to the brands we have already. LIVE CYLINDER CONTRIBUTION TESTS for toyota, nissan, honda, all fords and chrysler(the one for chrysler rarely works).
                Good post.

Do you know which models of Chrysler work and which don't work?

Comment

• 66superduty
                  • Apr 2009

i 2nd everything kebo said except i need all the cars and light trucks and all the functions. and the style of screen the scanner (verus ) had when i bought it!!!!!! . i work in a shop that works on everything on every car an truck.

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by 66superduty
                    i 2nd everything kebo said except i need all the cars and light trucks and all the functions. and the style of screen the scanner (verus ) had when i bought it!!!!!! . i work in a shop that works on everything on every car an truck.
                    I agree we shouldn't discourage them from adding ANY coverage,
                    and I agree the original interface needs to be restored. Did you vote in either of the polls on this in the Verus forum?
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• 66superduty
                      • Apr 2009

no i didnt vote. but i will . i have been very discourged. i am almost 60 years old and have bought snap-on tools since 1970. i cant get over the fact that snap-on goes to a lot of expense to demo thier product to the dealers ,but the dealers dont show. then when you ask a simple question like whats the new update about they cant tell you. i get answers from all the dealers i have hads like uh i got some emails from snap-on , i will read them and get back to you. my dealer couldnt tell me if i was supossed to get a 7a key with an update are if i was meant to buy one with an update. he didnt even know they where out are necessary. i just am trying to stay with snap-on two more years. then i will walk away from it all and never look back. wake up snap-on i used to wear you gimme hats and belt buckles with pride, now i dont even wont one !!!!!

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

04 Cadillac Srx

04 Cadillac SRX and maybe other models with memory seats, need access to the memory seat module. Reason ? If any of the adjustable pedal components need replacing or the memory seat module it's self, the pedals will have to be recalibrated with a function in the memory seat module or they will not be functional. Here is the VIN and the 10.2 menu. Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

• eddiesverus
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                          I had a 98 prelude, 98 Acura integra, 99 civic, 2000 accord. Didn't seem to support any of those... of course I was using the Solus pro but 10.4 software should be the same. Had to use the MTS3100 for bi-derectional control.

Had a friend bring me an 07 Duramax tonight 6.6 LMM. He wanted me to reset the regen and DPF functions... He claims its dumping to much fuel and already had the calibration updated at the dealer. Broke out the verus but no bidrectionl support. I don't have my tech 2 at the moment but I was able to use my EFI Live which has bi-directional support on it to verify proper function before clearing and resetting the ECM Monitors.
                          Yes you are right, I hadn't worked on an older pre 2002 Honda's. I've mostly worked on newer 2003 models and found they have good coverage. But I have a 1997 Prelude and found that Bidirectional controls are very limited close to none and also found that there is no ABS or SRS testing for it, only how to manually pull codes on these systems. My OTC Genisys has better coverage on these older Honda's and can read codes and Data as well as run bidirectional testing I am surprised? So yes we need More support for these older Honda's. We need SRS, ABS Codes and Data,We need Evap functional Testing, which are not included. I Checked from 1996 to 2002 Honda Accords to the Prelude all are missing these testing capabilities.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Yes you are right, I hadn't worked on an older pre 2002 Honda's. I've mostly worked on newer 2003 models and found they have good coverage. But I have a 1997 Prelude and found that Bidirectional controls are very limited close to none and also found that there is no ABS or SRS testing for it, only how to manually pull codes on these systems. My OTC Genisys has better coverage on these older Honda's and can read codes and Data as well as run bidirectional testing I am surprised? So yes we need More support for these older Honda's. We need SRS, ABS Codes and Data,We need Evap functional Testing, which are not included. I Checked from 1996 to 2002 Honda Accords to the Prelude all are missing these testing capabilities.
                            Thanks Eddie!!! As long as I am not the only one asking for it... LOL

These cars are now getting old enough that when you get a Evap system failure they can very dificult to diagnose with out those features.

The same week we got our new solus pro at the shop I found this out on the honda's...

Luckly I kept that MTS3100. Now Im thinking I should get the rest of the cards and the update for it... I only paid $500 for it. It was complete with cables and connectors but only had the oem honda card. I Just scored an oem toyota card for $250
                            Last edited by SnapOnKid; 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
                              04 Cadillac SRX and maybe other models with memory seats, need access to the memory seat module. Reason ? If any of the adjustable pedal components need replacing or the memory seat module it's self, the pedals will have to be recalibrated with a function in the memory seat module or they will not be functional. Here is the VIN and the 10.2 menu. Thanks
                              Good Find Bob!!! I Haven't come across one my self yet But then again I have only had my new Verus a month.

I hope they bring back the full vin feature in the new update.

Comment

• Crusty
                                • Dec 2007

I've been trying to tell SnapOn that MISSING pids & functions IS BROKEN FOR YEARS-!! But according to them I'm just bitchin....

Comment

Working...